Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snazaroo paint feels "itchy"

+6
blackwelder6462
Tash
Psalmbook
Criss
AngieAnders
aussiemarie
10 posters

Go down

Snazaroo paint feels "itchy" Empty Snazaroo paint feels "itchy"

Post by aussiemarie Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:43 am

This weekend I did several full face designs (spiderman, cheetah) with my Snazaroo paint for base and added top details with Diamond FX paint. I applied the base by sponge. When finished two of the kids said their skin felt "itchy". Wondering if this was just as it was drying or if perhaps it was sponged too thickly on or some other reason. They weren't complaining but it made we want to ask the experts on the forum....
aussiemarie
aussiemarie

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-05-12

http://www.maconfacesfacepainting.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

Snazaroo paint feels "itchy" Empty Re: Snazaroo paint feels "itchy"

Post by AngieAnders Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:52 am

Kids (and everyone else) tend to feel itchy in any place that they know they can't touch. Razz

I'd guess that it was just the paints drying... Did the second one happen to hear the first one say that it was itchy?
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:37 am

Were the children siblings? If they were, they would probably have similar reactions. Having a reaction to Snaz is rare, but not impossible.
Criss
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:59 am

A lot of kids say that. I have had kids who's eyes started watering before I'd even touched them. They had a reaction to the anticipation of getting painted Very Happy
Sometimes, if I have paint on my face it'll tickle.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:22 pm

It's the little hairs on their skin on their face.... when you wet your face with anything you always wipe it after - it's a natural reaction, if you don't wipe it the little hairs that have been pushed down slowly try and push themselves back up.... that's what the tickly- itchy feeling is.
I explain thaat once it's completely dry you can touch it and even wipe your hand gently over it, or even tap the itchy part with their finger and it's all better.
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:47 pm

I get those comments often, and it itches on me too.... I just tell them it is the paint drying and just to smoosh their face to loosen up the paint... seems to work fine. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by blackwelder6462 Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:25 pm

So I know that this is an old post; I found it while searching "snaz+ichy"
I painted my son with all snazaroo paint (red, white,black & silver) He was so excited to be spider dude. As soon as it starting drying he began complaining of it itching. I told him to give it a few minutes. Well about fifteen minutes later he started with the complaining again. So after a half hour ( getting all my pictures and showing my boyfriend) I asked him if he was ready to wash it off. He was in the bath in a split second. So is this common?
blackwelder6462
blackwelder6462

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://www.tampamakeaface.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:55 pm

If people/kids are not used to wearing make-up, then, yes... it can feel irritating wearing it. It is the same for all make-up products.

"Itchy" is the easiest way to describe it and is the word kids use.

I can't stand wearing foundation - and when I do a full make-up on myself (any products) I do start to feel slightly irritated. It isn't a "reaction" just the feel of having my face covered by something that isn't usually there.

Face paints dry out as the water evapourates therefore they get tight...which can be irritating. But it is not a reaction to the product.

If they develop a rash - then you can call it a reaction.

Severe itching could be a reaction... but, IMO it is just that they are not used to the feeling of the product on their skin.

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:02 pm

I paint my daughter 3 times a week with several brands of paint, she always complain, but never has a reaction.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katurah Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:05 pm

I've had kids complain but when it's wiped off, or I tell them to wait or ask if they want a different color that usually does the trick Very Happy

Katurah
Katurah

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2012-03-12

http://www.katurahpaintspeople.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by blackwelder6462 Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:06 pm

Thanks for the quick response ladies..

So its been a few hours since the painting, no sign of rash or "reaction". I didn't think he was having a reaction anyways.

My question was more of "is itching a common compliant?" My daughter and step kids were fine.. I know see it is something that you ladies hear often.
blackwelder6462
blackwelder6462

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://www.tampamakeaface.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:20 am

Some kids are just more complainers then others. They probably get it from their parents. Wink

I had one kid that was really strange with the face paint at a recent birthday party. He was at least 12 yrs old, but acted so OCD and wouldn't get painted for the first hour of the party. He kept walking over and talking about not liking face paint. finally, he admitted that he liked Mario so I told him I could do a Mario face. I did his face with a hat and mustache. After about 10 minutes, he washed his mustache off. It was bugging him that bad. Poor kid!
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:49 pm

new answer to an old post - snaz ingredients include lanolin, which is extracted from sheep's wool. maybe an allergic reaction if they are allergic to wool.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down