Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DFX vs. Wolfe?

+19
jlirie
dizzyizzyfaces
Letmepaintyou
Xyppee1
risarjm
facefantasy
Tash
gijasue
Spectrum
hunting4helen
wonderbrush
SuzySparkles
lizzie small
jackson86
Tilly - Formerly Punky
Michelle Heffner
ChangingFaceDesigns
Psalmbook
Metina
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

DFX vs. Wolfe? - Page 2 Empty Re: DFX vs. Wolfe?

Post by dizzyizzyfaces Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:39 am

Just a beginner but I started off with a Snazaroo kit which included a black and white. When I ordered a new DFX black I couldn't believe the difference. The black was amazing for line work in comparison to the Snaz. I also got a DFX white which I'm not that thrilled with but it's better than the Snaz. I now need another white so will try wolfe just to compare.

dizzyizzyfaces

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:25 pm

welcome to the club, lol. those of us who started out using snazaroo inevitably found out about the better face paints for line work.

wolfe black is awesome, wolfe white gives clean lines but my recent cake doesn't seem to cover very opaquely.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzyizzyfaces Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:42 am

I'll get the wolfe white and let you know my verdict x

dizzyizzyfaces

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:41 pm

I prefer Cameleon White over Wolfe White.
xoxo
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:38 pm

I have never tried Cameleon, Lisa, can you fill me in?
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:06 pm

The original Wolfe White was the BEST! Our team used it in the humid, hot summer in a tent for 18 days in a row in 2012. In 2013, the following summer, our Wolfe White turned into Marshmallow Fluff. It was terrible. We experimented with all different kinds of white, and a combo of Paradise White (that had been allowed to off-gas that nauseating, headache-inducing stench for a few months with the lid off before I can use it.) and another White to try to reach the opacity of the previous summers' Wolfe White.
I wrote a letter to Wolfe and received a badly misspelled, grammatically incorrect letter from somebody named April telling me that "we are REAL (emphasis is mine) artists, and we have never had anybody experience the (Marshmallow Fluff that we had occur)" "We have not changed the formulation of Wolfe White." This caused me to go and compare the old container with the new container of Wolfe White.
I sent the email back to April with a picture of the ingredient list from my original container, along with the ingredient list from the new container to show that, yes, indeedy, there is a change in ingredients.
April lied.
I had also just ordered a Wolfe Red, and it arrived, and it was ORANGE! When I complained about the colour, Wolfe F/X's response was that I must have ordered the wrong colour, and I must have ordered red.
Nope.
The number of my product was Wolfe red. The colour was orange.
The company's insulting responses to my queries totally released me from my previous staunch loyalty to Wolfe F/X.
I went on a mission to find the best White, and the best Black for line work.
Cameleon white was the best out of all of them, with varying degrees of success of DF/X & TAG.
When Global came out with Strong Black, I loved how it had the great, rich black for line work... and it did not stain my skin the way that Wolfe Black stained.
I had originally tried a small container from the facepaintforumshop.com.
Nothing is as good as the old Wolfe White... and Wolfe White charges a premium price for something that is not as good as some of the competitor's wax-based paints. Forest-Fairy loves TAG white. I have heard that Global's white is really great. I just bought it last week, and I have yet to break it out and play with it.
One of the best ways I have found to test the opacity of a white wax-based paint is to layer it over Global Dark Blue. GDB is really powerful. White gets sucked into GDB pretty quickly if the white is translucent.
I know I have made a short story long, anniel. I do not know how to shorten my brainish thoughty thinky things.
xoxox
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by LucciPucci Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:30 am

Lisa (fesspenter), have you tried out Global's white yet? What's your opinion? I really appreciated your in-depth evaluation (above) and experience with Wolfe.

I'm new to face painting and want to buy a good white (and black) for line work. I'm also pretty concerned about toxicity, so brands that have less dangerous ingredients are a bonus. That comment about Paradise needing to offgas was important for me to hear.

LucciPucci

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2015-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura-Lou Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:50 am

Michelle Heffner you mentioned about the DFX metallic purple, if it does get discontinued I recently ordered a TAG pearl purple and it is EXACTLY the same as my DFX purple Mad Not what I wanted but may help you out!
Laura-Lou
Laura-Lou

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2015-11-18

http://www.ljfacepainting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2