Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TAG 12x10g palette / alternatives to The Wrong Stuff for casual painters

3 posters

Go down

TAG 12x10g palette / alternatives to The Wrong Stuff for casual painters Empty TAG 12x10g palette / alternatives to The Wrong Stuff for casual painters

Post by skquinn Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:56 pm

Am I correct that TAG does not make refills for this palette and/or intends it to be nonrefillable (i.e. they expect you to "upgrade" to 32g cakes)?

If this is correct, it's a shame because I would otherwise recommend the TAG 12x10g palette to lower-budget groups (in particular an NPO that does an annual fundraising event, which I noticed was using The Wrong Stuff during my volunteer shift). I am aware of the Paradise 8x7g and 30x7g palettes and I suppose I could recommend those instead though they are a bit pricier. I'm not terribly impressed with the quality of Snazaroo from when I was painted up with it recently so I'm also a bit hesitant to recommend it (and I think their small palette still has the same problem).

skquinn

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-06-10

Back to top Go down

TAG 12x10g palette / alternatives to The Wrong Stuff for casual painters Empty Re: TAG 12x10g palette / alternatives to The Wrong Stuff for casual painters

Post by fesspenter Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:54 am

You can buy the larger pots of TAG, and refill your 10g pots with the larger, more economical sizes.
xoxo
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

TAG 12x10g palette / alternatives to The Wrong Stuff for casual painters Empty Re: TAG 12x10g palette / alternatives to The Wrong Stuff for casual painters

Post by jlirie Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:24 am

face paint refills for palettes in other brands are way overpriced compared to full cakes.

as fesspenter mentioned, you can gradually buy individual full cakes in colors you need.

or tag also has split cakes with 2 colors each, and one stroke cakes with multiple colors that are economical for some designs.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by skquinn Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:04 pm

What I'm trying to do, is find proper paints to recommend for groups doing maybe 2 events per year without spending $200 on large cake palettes (which will probably have at least some colors wind up going bad before being completely used). Keep in mind right now they are using acrylics (in case it wasn't clear what The Wrong Stuff meant).

I agree with you on the small refills being a worse deal as far as unit price (at least for Paradise, the only brand I've really researched this on).

skquinn

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:56 pm

hmm, if they're only doing a couple events a year, depending on how many kids they do, a small tag palette should actually last through both events and maybe longer.

if their budget allows, they could buy one palette each year, or every 2 years.

otherwise, a small snazaroo palette (they have a variety of color combos) may be the way to go, with a 40% coupon at Michaels craft store if there is one in town.

another brand available in stores is Tulip, they have a small 12 color palette in both regular and shimmer rainbow colors. it reportedly is made in the same factory as wolfe, tag, diamond fx, and lists the same ingredients. i have used the white and silver and they work well.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tulip-Body-Art-Face-Body-Paint-Kit-Rainbow/37663001?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1453&adid=22222222228025848435&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=52443701831&wl4=pla-84006050351&wl5=1022672&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=112550049&wl11=online&wl12=37663001&wl13=&veh=sem

others say the brighter tulip colors can stain but you could get their small palette and try it out. they also have "full size" cakes (contain less paint than professional brands), often on sale

white and black tend to get used up faster when face painting, so you may be able to get Tulip white and black full size cakes on sale.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down