Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to convert mL (Snazaroo) to g (most others)?

4 posters

Go down

How to convert mL (Snazaroo) to g (most others)? Empty How to convert mL (Snazaroo) to g (most others)?

Post by skquinn Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:06 pm

I notice that Snazaroo lists their capacities in milliliters (mL) whereas most other brands price per gram (g). Is there a way to convert so that one may more accurately compare unit prices between the two?

More importantly, are there any other brands that list capacities in mL like Snazaroo that I should be aware of?

skquinn

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-06-10

Back to top Go down

How to convert mL (Snazaroo) to g (most others)? Empty Re: How to convert mL (Snazaroo) to g (most others)?

Post by anniel Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:15 pm

Google is a wonderful tool for those of us who are mathematically challenged...type in something like milliliters to grams--you can also find out ounces to grams for when that comes up!
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

How to convert mL (Snazaroo) to g (most others)? Empty Re: How to convert mL (Snazaroo) to g (most others)?

Post by skquinn Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Oh, I've tried that and gotten nowhere. The problem is that mL is volume while g is mass/weight.

skquinn

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:22 pm

the problem with comparing sizes of face paint cakes is that different brands have different ingredients, so you may end up using different amounts when you paint.

snazaroo cakes are slightly larger than say, wolfe, but the face paint texture is thicker so you use more, and white is rather sheer, so you really use more of that.

best bet is to buy the brands you really like, no matter what the cost, and look for sales, coupons, etc.

also, buy only colors you really like and use, rather than one of everything Smile
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by skquinn Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:34 pm

I've already learned my lesson there (only buying what you like and will use); I have way too many Paradise colors for the amount of painting I've done so far (hopefully I can use most of them up before they go bad).

I do realize that there will be differences in yield between different product lines; I was just trying to get an idea how Snaz measures up and the fact they sell by volume instead of weight makes it a bit trickier.

Maybe the only way to find out is to weigh an empty Snaz container and compare to a full one...

skquinn

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:47 pm

good idea on the weighing.

if you clean the cakes after use (rinse off is good) and then  keep them dry, the paint will literally last for years. i have face paints i use for practice that i bought in 2014 & 2015 that are fine.

in case you haven't read the whole forum yet Smile, snazaroo is not considered a face paint that is easy to work with. it is primarily marketed to casual face painters (parents, local fund raisers).

it's usually what people start out with (raises hand, lol) because it's available in craft stores or it was supplied at the first event you worked at, usually not a professional face painter.

the thicker texture means it doesn't make clean lines or details, unless you are someone who has used it for years and mastered that, which a few painters have.

it also tends to flake off after it dries.

almost any other brand mentioned on the forum, in the forum shop, and other supply sites is considered more professional. those other brands usually perform better than snaz.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrokeofinspiration Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:23 pm

1 snaz cake equals about one 30 gram tag or 32 gram global cake. Snaz is good for base color but for split cakes I recommend Tag or Global. For line work I recommend Diamond FX black and white.

Astrokeofinspiration

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down