Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FACE PAINT CONTAINERS AND MAGNETS

3 posters

Go down

FACE PAINT CONTAINERS AND MAGNETS Empty FACE PAINT CONTAINERS AND MAGNETS

Post by Gisrus Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:59 pm

I'm in the process of modifying a DJ Hero case for my face painting kit. I have glued magnets to the underside of my one stroke cases and it's not really sticking, even with super glue.

Has anyone ever glued a magnet to the inside of the case and then filled the case with face paint?

What do you all think? Thanks in advance.😊

Gisrus

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-07-26

http://www.facepainting-ireland.com

Back to top Go down

FACE PAINT CONTAINERS AND MAGNETS Empty Re: FACE PAINT CONTAINERS AND MAGNETS

Post by Affordable Face Magic Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:08 pm

I briefly thought about it, but wouldn't put the magnet on the inside, since it's metal. I have a Craft N Go paint Station & use Gorilla Superglue. Don't have a big issue w/magnets or paints falling off. Here's my method:
1- Remove the section of label from back, where you will glue on the magnet
2- If you have a recessed lid, as in both older (Large) round & newer rectangular rainbow cakes, you'll need two or three stacked magnets.
3- One magnet is enough to hold a one-stroke, IMHO.
4- The small, earth magnets are stronger than the larger ones on E-Bay/Amazon. (See Lisa Joy Young's Youtube about her paint station & notice how she learned this.)
5- Use sandpaper to rough up both the magnet & back of paint container. They'll adhere better to a rough surface than a smooth one!
6- Some artists attach packing tape 1st to the paint container, then glue the magnet. When the container is empty, they peel off the tape & reuse the magnet(s). I don't.
7- Best advice I can pass on: Find inexpensive black towels & buy several, always having at least two clean on hand. Before you close your lid, on any case where you use magnets: fold the towel over/between paints/supplies. This cushions everything & minimizes things falling off.
**We face painters are rough on our equipment! Even if we don't roll over cobblestones/brick walkways/stairs/curbs...we often transport our supplies in items not meant for our purpose! Happy Painting!
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:38 pm

Totally picking daisies here & hijacking dear Gisrus' thread momentarily:

AFM...quick question, as you've been around a spell & are using a C&G for your case. How is that holding up for you? I have 3 friends who each invested & all have wobbly wheels a year in. Just curious if this is a fluke or something people ought to be aware of?

(I personally like my case, & would not switch out, Ihave a Pelican with wheels I picked up new on CL for $50. It has a lifetime guarentee.)
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:39 pm

Anniel,
 I've had my Craft N Go Paint Station for 18 months now & no issues w/wheels. Haven't heard about any either. There have been some c/o wobbly legs, though. From what I've heard & experienced, it's due to a few things. First, since I sit, my CNG legs are never lengthened (it's at the perfect height for a sitting painter), so the center of gravity is lower & more stable. Next, wether you extend the legs or not...after removing the legs from their storage area & turning it upright, you must check the position of all 4 legs by gently pushing each one out before opening the lid. They all need to be spread as far out from the CNG as possible to be properly positioned. Otherwise, they'll not be engaged & could fold up. If you need to move it again, REPEAT. Sometimes, even though I TRY to keep all 4 legs where I put them when I first opened the legs, I accidentally partially fold one up a bit as I turn it upright. Most times, I use a chair, turn my CNG on it's side to open the legs & carefully turn it over. It still can either hit a rock, uneven ground, nearby item or you! Once my legs are fully pushed out...no problems. The last issue I only heard about, was actually a defect in some legs. Cynthia Nichols Faller, the owner of CNG, is great. Anyone w/issues should contact her & she'll not only respond but work on a solution. In today's market, that is amazing!!!
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:48 pm

That is, I will pass that info on, thanks!!
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gisrus Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:37 pm

Thanks for all that info. I'll give it another go.😊

Gisrus

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-07-26