Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Website re-design

5 posters

Go down

Website re-design Empty Website re-design

Post by Tamara Paints People Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:13 pm

So yes, another "please look at my website" post...but pretty please?   cyclops

There are a few things I know I should do, like have my contact information in a more prominent location rather than just the footer. But I'm trying to gear people towards my form - which collects all the info neatly and allows me to send a rapid-fire quote right away - rather than calling me or emailing me nothing more than:

"Hi!! I'm having a party, you available?"

Suspect  scratch

And I'm at work all day so I just can't get back to people in a timely manner when they call me. Since they tend to book the first person who answers the phone, I've lost bookings that way.  Mad

So there's that. The other thing is I don't have a lot of good photos because I lost a ton of them, but I'm hoping I have enough to get the point across.

And I decided to go with a one-page design which annoys some people, but my site is pretty minimal (maybe too minimal?!?) so that's what I like.

I'll be adding my Instagram feed and a Facebook link once I have enough posts to justify it.

Suggestions?
Tamara Paints People
Tamara Paints People

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-10-06

http://www.tamarapaintspeople.com

Back to top Go down

Website re-design Empty Re: Website re-design

Post by Kris5115 Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:05 pm

I really like it. You have great pictures that are focused and show nice variety. Font is easy to read and pleasing.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Paints People Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:56 pm

Thanks! I think I overthink things, lol
Tamara Paints People
Tamara Paints People

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:39 am

nice! your name/logo is pretty and classically simple.

the diamond shaped gallery of photos on the homepage is great, very eye catching, and your short paragraphs give people a quick intro and bit of a promo to hire you.

your booking info page is well organized with good info (love the "face painting throne", lol).

i'm looking at your site on a cell phone, which makes the font appear rather small. so i might suggest increasing the font size.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:09 am

You must've done as jlirie suggested, as it looked great when I checked it out on my cell phone!!
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Paints People Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:27 pm

Thanks, everyone! I did increase the font size a bit on the mobile version, so I'm glad that helped.
Tamara Paints People
Tamara Paints People

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Painting Adventures Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:38 pm

Looks pretty Tamara!  Great work!  I do also like the diamond face painting photos that is really eye-catching. Also, your site is mobile friendly, which is huge now-a-days because more than half of the traffic that hits websites is from mobile devices.
One thing I noticed on mobile is there is no clear call to action (ie call me now to face paint) when i hit the page. I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to view a phone number or form to request face painting. It is crucial to have a call to action clear and present when someone hits the page. you dont' want people to have to look for more than 3 seconds or they will click off (yes, sadly, people have no patience).
also, if you want Google to like your website for SEO you are going to need 1000+ words of UNIQUE content on your home-page. No, it's not the prettiest thing, but  ranking in Google & getting customers is more important than being pretty.
Face Painting Adventures
Face Painting Adventures

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2016-12-02

http://www.facepaintingadventures.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum