Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does corn starch help with humidity?

4 posters

Go down

Does corn starch help with humidity? Empty Does corn starch help with humidity?

Post by Snazzy12 Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:41 pm

Hello Everyone,
It is very humid where I am now. The glue doesn't dry very fast. I did some glitter tats and sprayed them lightly with merhon finishing spray sealer and it made the glitter run a little. I heard something about using corn start after your alcohol swab in dry to help with humidity. Does anyone know if this corn starch helps or just makes a mess with the glitter and glue?
Thank you,
Snazzy

Snazzy12

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2015-10-20

Back to top Go down

Does corn starch help with humidity? Empty Re: Does corn starch help with humidity?

Post by DebbieB Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:21 am

I am in a hot and humid area, also. I wipe down the area with alcohol and then have the client press a folded piece of paper towel to the area while I am preparing the tat for application. The paper towel helps to dry up the alcohol and warm up the area that the tattoo will go. Hope this helps a little.
I would assume that the cornstarch would make the glue less likely to adhere to the skin.

Edit: I just read where your glue isn't drying fast enough, so my answer was kind of off the mark. When it's really hot, I have 2 chairs in front of me. I prepare one person and then apply the stencil and glue, then I start preparing the next person while the first person's glue sets and gets ready. Some people use a hair dryer to dry the glue faster, but I don't have access to power at a lot of my events, so I just work them in pairs of people.
DebbieB
DebbieB

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-09-09

http://www.debsdreamydesigns.wix.com/debs

Back to top Go down

Does corn starch help with humidity? Empty Re: Does corn starch help with humidity?

Post by Texastexastexas Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:23 pm

I also let 1 or 2 people dry while I'm prepping another person. Hair dryer sounds like a luxury!

Texastexastexas

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2014-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:55 pm

Thanks for the paper towel tip, I also do tattoos 2 or 3 people at the time.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down