Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legalities of expanding into balloons?

4 posters

Go down

Legalities of expanding into balloons? Empty Legalities of expanding into balloons?

Post by Snickell Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:40 pm

So now that my face and body painting business is established and (slowly, by fits and starts) taking off, I'm considering expanding into balloon decor.

Not balloon twisting, mind you, because I just don't have the talent or temperament to do it live and entertaining enough for an audience, but balloon decor- arches, towers, specialty arrangements for parties and events, that sort of thing.

Really my question is if I should include the balloon services under my current business- 'Fairytail Face & Body Art'- or if I should make it a whole separate venture. I feel like it might be a little strange to potential corporate clients to land them on my webpage and see the balloon services they are looking for 'tacked on' as an afterthought (in their perspective) especially they are asked to look up anything with the words 'Face & Body Art' (but I'm looking for balloons? Why are you trying to give me face paint?).

At the same time, I also feel like the two services are similar enough that they could present as the same entity, and it would save me the money and time of having to file for a separate business license, DBA, seller's permit, website, insurance, etc.

Thoughts? Advice? Is this the kind of situation where I should incorportate or do an LLC? Should I try offering them under the same name until the balloon business can stand on its own? Or separate outright? I want to present a very professional image of the bat....

HALP. (and sorry for the rambling)
Snickell
Snickell

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2014-07-08

http://www.FairytailFABA.com

Back to top Go down

Legalities of expanding into balloons? Empty Re: Legalities of expanding into balloons?

Post by Kal Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:52 am

LOL!!! Have you tried twisting vs. decorating?
Kal
Kal

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2014-06-29

Back to top Go down

Legalities of expanding into balloons? Empty Re: Legalities of expanding into balloons?

Post by jlirie Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:30 pm

are there other balloon decor businesses in your area, are they stand alone businesses?

if so, maybe you want to keep your face painting and balloon decor businesses separate, to show that you are fully committed to the balloon decor business.

also, if your clients for each are very different, i.e. parents and community events for face painting, vs corporations for balloon decor, probably best to keep them separate.

if not, you should probably feature both services equally, in your business name as well as on the website. again, to show that you are committed to both.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickell Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:38 pm

@Kal yes I've tried twisting and while I'm decent at it I'm HORRIDLY slow and get nervous and jittery with an audience. I prefer being behind the scenes with creative balloon decor.

@jlirie, as of right now there is only 1 local balloon decor company that is well known, but they have a bad and un-proffesional reputation. There are 2 other business that are CBA certified about 30 miles away, but they don't advertise in my area and are not known at all.
Snickell
Snickell

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2014-07-08

http://www.FairytailFABA.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Painting Adventures Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:08 pm

Usually you would not incorporate a separate business entity unless you feel there are large risks involved with having the service associated with your existing business structure.
Face Painting Adventures
Face Painting Adventures

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2016-12-02

http://www.facepaintingadventures.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down