Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone use 'Google Voice'?

2 posters

Go down

Anyone use 'Google Voice'? Empty Anyone use 'Google Voice'?

Post by Snickell Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:23 pm

Recently came across this thing called Google Voice, which lets you pick your own phone number to link to your Google account and have calls forwarded to YOUR phone. It seems like a convenient way to screen calls for face painting jobs, and if I even decide to switch carriers or phone numbers I can just have the calls forwarded to my new personal number.

Thoughts? Has anyone used this service? I ran out of business cards again, and am thinking of signing up and using the phone number on the new cards...
Snickell
Snickell

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2014-07-08

http://www.FairytailFABA.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone use 'Google Voice'? Empty Re: Anyone use 'Google Voice'?

Post by Ommanipaintmyface Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:30 pm

Hi Snickell,

I use a google voice number for my business calls. It's great for screening calls because I have it set to show my business name when that number rings. You can get email notifications and voice texts, etc. However, it doesn't show the incoming number on the caller id. Or at least I haven't figured out how to do that yet. So, when you ask for the customer's cell number they often say "I called from it" assuming you have it on your caller id! Anyway...if you do get a number and start using it, let me know if you figure this part out!

Thanks!
Ommanipaintmyface
Ommanipaintmyface

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2015-03-27

http://www.facenectarcolorado.wix.com/faces

Back to top Go down