Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolfe Brother Round Brush Review

3 posters

Go down

Wolfe Brother Round Brush Review  Empty Wolfe Brother Round Brush Review

Post by RickyMUA Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:31 am

Hello Everyone,
So recently I visited my somewhat local year-round Halloween store to pick up a Wolfe black and white. As I was talking to the clerk, I noticed they had some paint brushes and in particular Wolfe Brother brand. Since I just put an order in for some smaller LC brushes, I decided to buy a number 10 round. Now onto the specifications of the brush and its performance. The cost was about $5.00 including tax, which isn't too bad. The performance of the brush is a bit of a hit and miss. The hair of the brush is golden taklon and bounces back wonderfully. If you like a stiffer brush this is definitely one to consider in that regards. The handle is wooden and very light. I compared its size to my LC 7000 number 8 round and the length, thickness, and weight of the LC is greater than the Wolfe.
The hair of the round is tapered so that it comes to a nice point. This isn't the best feature if you are trying to make nice rounded tear drops. The fine point does allow you to fix that, so maybe it becomes a matter of preference rather than a con(?) This tapered point makes awesome tiger stripes, and transitioning from skinny to thick lines when outlining a design seamless.
It holds a nice amount of paint and became my go to for flower petal at my last gig. I will say that it makes horrible spirals. I really have to be finicky about my stroke in order to make a decent spiral or swirl. To be precise, it's the tail of the spiral/swirl in which it "frays" if you will. The hairs no longer stay together at that point and fray out. While this is an annoyance, it doesn't take away from the fact that I do enjoy the brush and don't regret my purchase. Fixing the issue means to either choose a different brush, or spending an extra 10-20 seconds on a particular stroke.

By the way, sorry for the novel, I just really wanted you all to understand my experience with this brush.

Take care Smile
RickyMUA
RickyMUA

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-05-21

Back to top Go down

Wolfe Brother Round Brush Review  Empty Re: Wolfe Brother Round Brush Review

Post by jlirie Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:44 am

thanks, knowing those details makes a difference. i'm all about finding a good pointy brush (cue angel choir, lol) , but i really dislike when my swirls get a big blob on the curve when a brush splays out like that.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyMUA Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:02 am

Exactly... I wanted to make sure I placed all of the information that I would want to find out for a product. Haha I'm a little anal. More to come:)
RickyMUA
RickyMUA

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:19 pm

Just a note - It is hard in any brand to compare a very large brush like a #10 to say a #3. They most likely will react very differently given the size difference.
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down