Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glitter Tattoo Supplies- Where To Buy

5 posters

Go down

Glitter Tattoo Supplies- Where To Buy Empty Glitter Tattoo Supplies- Where To Buy

Post by glamourdollz Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:16 am

Alright guys,
  So I have a huge event coming up in November where there will be over 5,000 expected attendees. The Gator Boys From Animal Planet are guest appearing. When I originally reserved my spot there was already a face painter so I decided to offer exclusively glitter tattoos. So as you can imagine I need supplies on a rather large scale. I am expecting to employ 5 glitter tattoo applicators on a pay per application basis. So these are the sites I have found to build 5 kits.

Glitter
DollarNailArt.com 1.00 for .004 micro cosmetic grade glitter in over 16 colors 1/2 oz each

Stencils
Faketoos.com I ordered 800.00 worth of stencils and he gave me a 50% discount for ordering over 1000 stencils so my order total went from 800.00 to 400.00

Paintandglitter.com  Empty 1/2 oz poofer bottles .50 each

Amazon.com
amerikan body art adhesive   2.2 oz for 12.00

I have done alot of searching and just wanted to let everyone benefit from my hours of research.

glamourdollz

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2014-07-04

Back to top Go down

Glitter Tattoo Supplies- Where To Buy Empty Re: Glitter Tattoo Supplies- Where To Buy

Post by Texastexastexas Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Thank you for sharing this research. I am just getting started, did my first birthday party yesterday at a JumpPalace. The owner offered to let me sell tattoos there every weekend for $5 each (free to birthday child). I'm going to market to parties, weddings, festivals, etc but there are so many products and so much pricing issues.

Good luck with your event and please update how it went

Texastexastexas

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2014-11-09

Back to top Go down

Glitter Tattoo Supplies- Where To Buy Empty Re: Glitter Tattoo Supplies- Where To Buy

Post by PaintFreak Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:53 pm

I just went to their website to check it out and the prices are amazing.  Does anyone know if its cosmetic grade glitter?  I couldn't find any info on the site.

ETA: I just re-read your post which says its cosmetic grade but the website itself doesn't say anything about it being cosmetic grade. Can you tell me where you saw that?
PaintFreak
PaintFreak

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2014-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by glamourdollz Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:19 am

I actually contacted them myself as they are based out of fl. Max the manager informed me that it was cosmetic grade usa made glitter. I was toying around with the idea of buying lbs of glitter and was told I could only do so when the different colors were being bottled but the wholesale price for a lb came to 22.00 which isn't bad. By the way my event was horrible. The foundation that ran the event raised the prices for admission from 5.00 for adults and children free to 10.00 per adult and 5.00 per child. they got greedy and everyone including them suffered becuase not even 300 people showed up. compared to the 2500 people that attended last year
Now I'm out over 700.00 in supplies and the vendor fee

glamourdollz

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintFreak Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:15 am

Hi Glamourdollz, I'm really sorry to hear your event didn't go well. That's really disappointing, especially when you invested so much money. Although you can't recoup the vendor fee, your supplies will eventually be used, so at least that's not a waste.

I'm glad to hear you called them. I also called them 2 days ago but their people have me a conflicting answer. When I asked the woman who answered the phone if it was cosmetic grade glitter safe for use on the skin, she hesitated before saying "no," as if she wasn't really sure. So now I don't know what to think. I'm going to call back and see if I can talk to someone there with more knowledge on the subject. The price is really almost too good to be true since every other website that sells cosmetic grade glitter lists theirs at a much higher price. I've read on this forum that nail glitter and cosmetic glitter are different, and since this site focuses on nail art, I'm inclined to think its not cosmetic grade glitter. I'll let you know if I get a different answer.
PaintFreak
PaintFreak

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintFreak Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:11 pm

Ok, just got off the phone with Max at dollarnailart.com.  She said she has gotten this question enough times now that she wanted to call her chemist to be sure.  When she called me back, she said the chemist told her the only glitters on her site that are cosmetic grade are the iridescent white AB and the 5 pastel colored pearl glitters: blue, green, mint, orange and pink.  She said they are developing a line of 10-15 cosmetic grade glitter colors, but they won't be ready for 3 months.  The rest of the glitters on their site are not cosmetic grade and shouldn't be used on the skin because the chemist told her those glitters can cut get into small cuts and into the bloodstream or be inhaled due to the fine grade.

Last edited by PaintFreak on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
PaintFreak
PaintFreak

Back to top Go down

Post by Texastexastexas Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:13 pm

Have ya'll tried the pastel glitters? Another comment said they don't show up good for glitter tattoos.

Really sorry about your event.

I'm going to the small local jumpy-house place tomorrow. I'll consider it successful if I make $50. I love doing the tattoos, the kids are so happy and excited...could go broke doing it. Also the PTA at school asked me to donate 45 min of tattoos during a christmas festival and I said yes. I need to be careful or it will just be my community service.

Texastexastexas

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintFreak Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:36 pm

I haven't used pastel glitters in glitter tattoos, but I have used them for other crafts and they give a more sugary sparkle. They don't make designs pop like the metallic glitters, but they can be used to achieve a softer glitter effect, if that's the look you want.
PaintFreak
PaintFreak

Back to top Go down

Post by Texastexastexas Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:01 pm

Update: I earned $95 today! It was my first time to earn $ doing tattoos. I learned so much. I'm getting rid of the tattoos such as skull and crossbones that require several pieces picked out afterwards. I gave the birthday kids a free tattoo and it was very effective to get the other kids to buy. I'm going to give the birthday kid 2 free ones tomorrow (one on each hand) and see if that encourages other parents to buy at least one, OR try to copy the birthday kid and buy 2! The owner told me to make a sign to place near the register AND they let me put a sign on the door!

My goal is still mainly birthday parties at private places. How do I charge? I was thinking $100 for 30 tattoos?

Texastexastexas

Back to top Go down

Post by Texastexastexas Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:03 pm

Also somebody please tell me the BEST adhesive? Every site says theirs is the longest lasting. Is there one that works better than the others? Goes on well and holds the glitter?

Texastexastexas

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGlitter Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:10 am

Moonlight glue is the strongest long lasting glue for glitter tattoos. You can get it at www.infiniteartbody.com
LadyGlitter
LadyGlitter

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Texastexastexas Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:06 am

THANK YOU!!!! I ordered 3 bottles! Now I have several other bottles ($50 wortth uugggh) from ordering and trying other brands. I'll use them during volunteer festivals.

Texastexastexas

Back to top Go down

Post by Texastexastexas Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:21 am

Also...what about all the inexpensive glitters on ebay? What words do I look for? Cosmetic? I need to get costs down to make this work as a business.

I read aaaaalllll the discussions about making your own tattoos.... sounds too technical for me. My set cost is basically .50 each (.45 + shipping, glue, glitter) unless I can get to a volume purchase that cuts that down (not in the forseeable future).

I'm painting a "Glitter Tattoos" tshirt right now to wear. Also might do an apron and just keep in my kit bag.

OK I feel like I'm rambling...

Texastexastexas

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:43 am

Dear Texastexastexas:
In order to create a true cost for yourself...
I know I can do a glitter tattoo in 3 minutes. (4 with no line manager, as it takes time for the children to choose one, and then I retrieve it. Under no circumstances let the public into your glitter tattoo stash!)
So, if I can do 15-20 GT/hour, and it costs me .50 per tattoo, plus glitter and glue, it is costing you $15-$20 per hour to GT. Factor in travel, insurance, furniture, and at least $15/hour for you... it costs about $35 per hour, ballparking the numbers. 30 tattoos will take me 1.5 hours-2 hours. $100 for 30 tattoos leaves you a profit of approximately $30 for two hours work. I would charge by the tattoo.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Texastexastexas Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:17 am

Thank you for typing that out. My husband said the same thing.

I'm going to raise my party price to $100. People in this area will not pay-per-tattoo at a private children's party. They want a set price. But definitely charge per tattoo at public events.

I know after the novelty of "newness" wears off, I'll value my weekend time more and won't be willing to do it just because it's fun. My family time is important.

However, I plan to teach my 12 and 14 yr old stepsons since they're both artistic and like young kids. They can earn money AND pay for their materials (run a small business). $10 hr for a kid is good pay I think.

Texastexastexas

Back to top Go down

Post by Texastexastexas Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:18 am

I meant $100 for 20 tattoos.

Texastexastexas

Back to top Go down

Post by glamourdollz Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:43 pm

Hey All,

I'm so glad to see my post sparking interest. Glad to hear Texas that your events are going well. I moved to Ocala, FL about 5 months ago and let me tell you there is no market here for glitter tattoos or face painting as a steady income. You can be a vendor at the fairs and festivals here but the vendor fees and costs can be a big OOP upfront risk. So needless to say I am moving back to my hometown area where my business booms. When I contacted dollar nail art Max told me with no hesitation that they were cosmetic grade glitters I only ordered and chose colors from the .004 to .008 range of micro-glitters. Maybe I should call and demand refund as I have over 100 dollars worth of glitter from this company as my event did not go as planned. However I have not had any complaints from my daughter, whom I tattoo almost on a weekly basis, about the glitter irritating her skin or anything like that. I even use this glitter on her face like cheeks only ( never near the eyes). Love my poofer bottles. I do find them to be a bit wasteful but I will take that over having to clean brushes. Since there is not much party action going on here in the area where I am currently located I have been attending the local events and avoiding the vendor fees by being completely mobile and self contained requiring no set-up space. I took an old waitress apron and hotglued a small tray to the front pocket that holds my 10 colors of poofer bottles. I have my adhesives in one pocket individual alcohol wipes and Kabuki brush and my business cards in another pocket, and stencils in a mesh pencil case. As far as displaying my stencils I wear a shirt that I decorated with puffy paints and put the prices for small, medium, and large stencils as well as taking the stencils that I have multiples of and applied them on the back of the shirt with regular glue; SEE COMPLETELY MOBILE ( will post some pics when I take some next time I head out). Please keep the comments coming especially any new or updated info for good glitter supply suppliers.

Becky Hall
Owner & Operator
Wish Upon A Face

P.S. I have to give Faketoos a 10 star out of 5 star review ( 5 being the highest). Mark is absolutely awesome and so accommodating to his customers. Great customer service beyond comparison and they can handle volume. I can't say enough about this company. I could probably write a 10 page essay on how great they were to work with!!!!!!!!

glamourdollz

Back to top Go down

Post by glamourdollz Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:59 pm

In response to Fesspenter, I agree. I charge considerably more for my hourly glitter tattoo rates than I do for my face painting. The mainly used supplies ( glitter, adhesive, stencils, individually packaged alcohol wipes) are not reusable and cost reasonably more than one application of face painting. At events I charge Pay Per Tatt depending on size the price can be more. I have not found people to be wanting to pay the extra money for the glitter tatts initially where an hourly rate is considered. What I do to upsell this is if I am hired for face painting at a party I always bring my glitter supplies with me and offer a free tatt for the birthday child. I always inform the parents who have hired me that I am doing the glitter tattoo for the birthday child as a courtesy and all the other kids end up wanting glitter tatts so they in turn end up adding the glitter tatts. I charge $45.00 ( base rate not including specialy themed or long distance traveling) an hour for face painting for a party with 10-15 children. More than that is a corporate rate of $60.00 an hour. My glitter tatts are therefor increased for a 10-15 child party to 70.00 an hour and corporate rate is 100.00 an hour. As for Pay Per Tatt I charge for my smallest 1"x1" tatts 3.00, 5.00 for medium which is 2''x2'', and large which is about 4''x4'' 8.00. I have even larger tatts for the braver and more outgoing adults on hand just in case and these go anywhere from 10-15 each depending on how much the cost of stencil was for me.

Becky Hall
Owner & Operator
Wish Upon A Face

glamourdollz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down