Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teaching or lecturing.

3 posters

Go down

Teaching or lecturing. Empty Teaching or lecturing.

Post by CassandraMcLaren Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:13 am

I've been painting for a few modest years now. I do not consider myself the most experienced face painter but I was wondering if anyone on here ever got into teaching face painting or giving lectures?

Not to say I have the experience at this precise moment but I would be looking to get into it in the future, after gaining more experience and becoming a member of FACE at the least.

If you have experience of teaching or taking a class please let me know how you got into it. Or even if you were taking a class, what kind of certificates or training would you expect your teacher to have?

Any advice would be great.
CassandraMcLaren
CassandraMcLaren

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2014-03-06

http://www.rainbowcakestudio.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Teaching or lecturing. Empty Re: Teaching or lecturing.

Post by rthling Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:12 pm

Training or certificate?

PSH.

I'm willing to learn from anyone who knows how to do something I don't know. I don't care about their credentials.

As a nine-year-homeschool mom, I know one thing. You don't have to know EVERYTHING to teach. You just need to know more than the student.

I haven't done lectures or taught classes, but I have taught my husband, children, and apprentice quite a bit about face painting. I don't have any certification to teach, other than the fact that I've made money doing this for four years.

If you know something you want to share (for free or for pay) and someone(s) who want to learn it, then TEACH!
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eviedejesus Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:36 pm

I agree - certifications mean zip to me as a student. If someone is good at a particular style, they can teach it as long as they have the personality and confidence to do so. Just have someone videotape you teaching something and send it into sillyfarm - who knows they just might want to have you do a class for Faba TV.

If you’re good at what you do and have something to share - just go for it. FACE doesn’t mean much here in the US.
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down