Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Southern or South Western Ontario...anyone teaching??

4 posters

Go down

Southern or South Western Ontario...anyone teaching?? Empty Southern or South Western Ontario...anyone teaching??

Post by lil'blue Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:00 pm

I have been searching high and low for someone between Toronto to London and from Kitchener to Niagara for lessons / classes / training of any kind but have been coming up empty. Does anyone know of anywhere / anyone that offers lessons in face painting? Thanks!
lil'blue
lil'blue

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-04-04

Back to top Go down

Southern or South Western Ontario...anyone teaching?? Empty Re: Southern or South Western Ontario...anyone teaching??

Post by fesspenter Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:36 pm

Dear lil'blue:
Welcome to the Forum!
Where are you from in Ontario?
Rose Winkworth (Winky the Clown) hosts a monthly jam. The jam is a great way to connect with other face painters.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Southern or South Western Ontario...anyone teaching?? Empty Re: Southern or South Western Ontario...anyone teaching??

Post by lil'blue Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:51 pm

Just West of Kitchener/Cambridge
I've had no training...probably don't even use the right brushes....but love it! So I want to learn the tricks of the trade....proper brush strokes etc to speed up my work.....thinking a "jam" sounds a bit too professional for me at this stage??
Any idea where I can get a practice head aside from ordering from the US? I can only imagine what they have to write on those customs papers...lol Smile
lil'blue
lil'blue

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:05 pm

Try hairdressing colleges for a practice head.
Winky's Jams are inclusive for people of every stage of face painting. There are face painters, balloon twisters, and clowns who are all there to learn.

The fellow face painters are quite warm and giving. This is the place to try new face paints, look at people's kits, try different techniques. I wish I had found this group when I was just beginning, before I invested so much in paints I almost never used…. until much later.

My first practice head was from Wimex. The Canada Customs and Duty was not that prohibitive, for once.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:00 pm

Also, I met with kingsmeadmama (from Hamilton) and Face Painting by Jessica (from Georgetown) and we had two mini jams. One was about butterflies, and the other was about princess masks.)

We all learned from each other.

Any time your are close to Toronto, let me know. I am willing to invite you to my team's mini jams.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by lil'blue Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:10 pm

Thanks, that would be amazingly kind of you. I just looked at your web page, your work is beautiful!
lil'blue
lil'blue

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:20 pm

Thank you, lil'blue!
My work improved SO much from lurking on this Forum, and trying the Step By Step examples.
I have been painting for a long time, yet I had never painted a teardrop until five years ago.
I practiced so much…
and to this day…
I still practice.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mellygee911 Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:46 pm

Lil'blue, I'm in Kitchener Waterloo as well! I'm a newbie too though, but if you ever want to meet up and trade tricks I'm down!

I'll also carpool if Lisa ever opens an invite!
Mellygee911
Mellygee911

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2014-02-12

http://Www.busybeesparties.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by lil'blue Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:53 pm

Mellygee911 not sure what "tricks" I've figured out yet but that would be great sometime....I only have one little kids face to practice on though and only so much she's willing to let me bug her....NO WAY could I paint my own face yet! Do you have any willing participants or do you practice on yourself?
lil'blue
lil'blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Mellygee911 Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:04 pm

I practice on myself a lot! My family takes care of a foster child that I coerce into getting painted (he's convinced it gives him good luck on COD!) And I know a fellow learning painter in the area who I practice on as well. Basically, just ask ANYONE who will sit still!

My mother is also a kindergarden teacher, and so I've had a lot of practice on her class!
Mellygee911
Mellygee911

Back to top Go down

Post by lil'blue Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:52 pm

Apparently as a newbie on here I can't post links or email. Was going to show you some of what I've done...but not allowed for 7 days apparently. ...lol
lil'blue
lil'blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Mellygee911 Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:05 pm

Once your seven days is up, come visit us in "Show and Tell" in the New to Face Paint forum! We're posting pictures, sharing, and helping each other improve. In the meantime, you can change your avatar to something you've painted (I think you can do that in your first week!) to show off something you're proud of!
Mellygee911
Mellygee911

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethikinz Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:23 am

I'm in Kitchener too, and would be interested in connecting with some locals to jam.

Bethikinz

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:10 am

Hellooooo, my fellow Ontarioan Peeps!
I am teaching a class in Fast Festival Faces for Toronto Clown Alley Family Entertainers on Tuesday, March 29th from 6:30-9:30pm at Carnegie Arena.  This class is free to TCAFE members, and $10 to the public.  You can find the class on FaceBook under Fast Festival Faces.  Contact TCAFE to see about attending.
I am a down-in-the-trenches real life face painter.  I will  be demonstrating what I do to keep the 'WOW' factor in face painting in 3-5 minutes.
I am always learning, and I adore face painting.  I love meeting my fellow artists.
I hope to meet you there!
xoxoo
fesspenter
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down