Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

could i get away with twisting only 1 balloon shapes at a party?

3 posters

Go down

could i get away with twisting only 1 balloon shapes at a party? Empty could i get away with twisting only 1 balloon shapes at a party?

Post by nikkili26 Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:34 am

I just started twisting balloons today. I dunno what took me so long-it's sooo easy, but I am only doing single balloons, with the occasional 2 balloons.

I've already memorized 5 different kinds of flowers, 3 different swords, hats, butterflies, teddy bears, hearts, dogs, frog, and a helicopter. also, I figured out a few basic shapes that could pretty much create any animal head, any arms and legs or tail.

I don't want all these balloons to go to waste, so i'm gonna pass them out at my next gig-but do you think I'm ready to try to offer twisting for parties?

I've been reading through the thread and it sounds like the way facepainting goes-everybody pretty much picks the same things so you end up only doing a handful of designs per gig...

Any advice welcome, I just want to know if I need to wait til I know way more designs, or wait til I have a bunch of 2-3 balloon designs under my belt first. Do the kids seem upset if you only use one balloon?what about the parents?do they feel ripped off?
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

could i get away with twisting only 1 balloon shapes at a party? Empty Re: could i get away with twisting only 1 balloon shapes at a party?

Post by Michael Magick Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:53 pm

if your doing parties your on a time limit. if your doing face painting and balloons then 1 and 2 balloon designs are pretty much all you will have time to make.

now try combining some of the balloons. bear on a heart/palm tree (flower) and so forth

Michael Magick
Michael Magick

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2013-02-24

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Belief-Magic/1166254450630

Back to top Go down

could i get away with twisting only 1 balloon shapes at a party? Empty Re: could i get away with twisting only 1 balloon shapes at a party?

Post by Michael Magick Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:54 pm

i would suggest you learn a crown the girls go nuts for them. also a horse/unicorn
Michael Magick
Michael Magick

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:44 am

you were right-that was the first things they asked for-some kind of hat, and a unicorn.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:23 pm

michael is correct..glad your party went well:D 
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Magick Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:14 pm

glad it worked out for you
Michael Magick
Michael Magick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum