Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filling balloons with glitter / sprinkles

4 posters

Go down

Filling balloons with glitter / sprinkles Empty Filling balloons with glitter / sprinkles

Post by Gretchen Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:09 pm

I can't for the life of me find the post where someone posted a picture of a wand or other balloon that had glitter inside. I think it was inside another post and the search box only seems to search topic titles. Anyway, if you were the one who posted it, wasn't it some sort of squeeze bottle you use to puff the glitter inside? Because that sounded really slick... Like a ketchup bottle? I'm looking for good bottles to use for this and also am curious if there are certain glitters that work better. I'm guessing the coarser the better for glitter...maybe like the coarse cellophane type glitter? Would metallic glitters pop the balloon? I am a newbie (face painter adding balloons to my repertoire) and haven't tried it but would love to make some glitter filled wands for my first balloon gig next month (fairy theme party). I'd like to do a smaller bottle like this 4 ounce one so it's not so bulky to carry. But, then again, I've never even tried this before so not sure if you'd need the bigger ketchup-sized bottles. I'd just really rather not deal with pouring loose glitter through a funnel... any help would be much appreciated! :-)
Gretchen
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Filling balloons with glitter / sprinkles Empty Re: Filling balloons with glitter / sprinkles

Post by fesspenter Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:22 pm

I have worked beside an amazing Twister, who pre-filled some of his balloons with rice, to make the balloons 'rattle'.  Maybe you can pre-fill with a small amount of glitter?

I can only paint...not twist.  Please feel free to cheerfully ignore my suggestion should it prove to be complete and utter madness.

xoxo

Last edited by fesspenter on Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:37 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Filling balloons with glitter / sprinkles Empty Re: Filling balloons with glitter / sprinkles

Post by Gretchen Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:22 pm

I could never ignore your posts! I love you! (virtually speaking, of course) ;-) And I love the rattle idea!! Hmmm...not much action going on here in the balloon section though. May try a facebook post with this question...
Gretchen
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:23 am

The best thing you could do, is just try it Smile Does the 4oz bottle have a big enough spout to push large glitter through?? What i've done in the past when I make wands is i've sprayed them with my water bottle, (I also twist and paint,) then used my glitter puffer bottle. It covers the wand nicely and the littles love it Very Happy
Criss
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:51 pm

i know what you mean not much going on in the balloon section these days...i would try a bit with a clear 260 and see what happens...
I know Corrine Sparkles Smith puts stuff in her belly buddie balloons..
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum