Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW TO THE FORUM

5 posters

Go down

NEW TO  THE FORUM Empty NEW TO THE FORUM

Post by michaella11 Mon May 20, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi,
My name is mickey and I just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the forum.
I guess I should say new to face painting as well. I am not doing this for a living just yet. I am holding a great Job with a nice income so I am afraid to give it up for face painting until I am sure that I can actually make a living from face painting.
I am a mother of 2 that just happened to face paint her little one at home once and got hooked! I am now basically obsessed with it, subscribed to fabatv and staying up every night learning. I am trying to practice whenever I have a chance and so far I only did couple of birthdays for free for my friend's kids. People asked me for business cards but I don't even make ones yet because as I mentioned, I am not doing it for living just yet.
I am looking for information about insurance and if I need to be licensed if I would only do couple of gigs here and there during the weekend? I fi do need and insurance, how do I get one?
If you are a face painter in NYC or Brooklyn area, and would be willing to share your knowledge and information, I will be happy to hear from you.
Thanks,
Mickey.
michaella11
michaella11

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

NEW TO  THE FORUM Empty Re: NEW TO THE FORUM

Post by monna Mon May 20, 2013 5:27 pm

Let me say welcome... you need to see how to change your black print to white. it is hard to read here.
You will love this forum... everyone is so helpful and eager to help! and FULL of information....
I don't make a living at face painting yet either.. it is fun and spending money... Good luck with everything and hope to hear from you often. and hope you post pictures!
I am from Indiana.. and getting ready to leave tomorrow for face painting convention in Florida.. i am so excited to be going! Talk later!!! Monna (rhymes with Donna)
monna
monna

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2012-07-05

https://www.facebook.com/nanamonnasfacepainting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonyalynn Mon May 20, 2013 6:29 pm

I called The Bomba insurance agency His name is Ken and he was so helpful! I am fairly new to the whole professional aspect too. Here (Maine) I just have to register my business name with the town and then buy any permits that are necessary for the events I am at. I am getting business cards this week SO EXCITED! There is a lot of info about insurance on the forum, just search insurance in the forum search.
Sonyalynn
Sonyalynn

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2013-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux Mon May 20, 2013 8:57 pm

Hi Mickey, welcome to the forum. I also love face painting but do not make my living doing it at this time. It did however lead me into starting a company where we offer many types of entertainment for parties and it is growing into something I would love to do full time. Its hard to give up a full time job with benefits though. Smile
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by michaella11 Tue May 21, 2013 1:34 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome!
Monna, enjoy the convention!!! I wish I could go... , this year, my unsupportive husband (he doesn't get the face painting obsession I have and think it is a passing mood...Smile thought that a trip to the Bahamas is more important so he booked us a vacation that happened to be at the same time as the convention. no complains of course, but I will sure try to go next year.
Good luck!
Mickey.
michaella11
michaella11

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Hauntedhouse62 Tue May 21, 2013 2:21 pm

Hi Mickey, and welcome from a fellow Newbie. Hope things go well for you. I would think you may be able to find just the right amount of weekend gigs you mentioned in the NYC area, yes? I also just do special events mainly on weekends, various street fairs and such, sporadically. This is the way I want to do it for now, I enjoy it as such.

If no one has mentioned it yet; check out VistaPrint for business cards. They used to be free, but now have very reasonable rates and really do a good job.
Hauntedhouse62
Hauntedhouse62

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2013-05-18

http://www.littlesalem.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down