Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four more weeks!!!

+7
Lacey's Faces
daphne78
veelux
facesbybelle
silversky
Jody Rife
SmileLines
11 posters

Go down

Four more weeks!!! Empty Four more weeks!!!

Post by SmileLines Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:06 am

I have officially four more weeks of pregnancy (if I have my baby on my due date, which usually doesn't happen). I am so excited to be a parent! Any advice for a first time Mom?

On a side note: I have one more event until the due date and my back has been killing me Sad I am not looking forward to hunching over for 3 hours Shocked
SmileLines
SmileLines

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-02-08

http://smilelinesfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Four more weeks!!! Empty Re: Four more weeks!!!

Post by Jody Rife Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:14 am

I bet you are so excited. I have 3 and I remember having such a mix of excitement and nervousness with my first. Just relax and try to enjoy the process. Smile If you have a spouse or special someone, enjoy those last few wks as a fam of 2, go out to dinner ,watch a movie, take a walk, etc. If you are going it on your own, do the same. Smile It will be terrific when baby comes but will consume your days and nights for quite a while.

After a while, packing all the baby gear each time you go out, feedings, changing ,bathtime, will all be like second nature. Enjoy every moment, treasure them, they fly by way to fast.

On the job coming up...Stand when you need to stand, stretch , take a break, I'm sure people will understand. Congratulations.
Jody Rife
Jody Rife

Number of posts : 1725
Registration date : 2011-02-19

http://www.jodyrife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by silversky Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:54 am

My only advice would be to sleep when the baby sleeps, a catch up nap during the day can go a long way to boost your energy. I can still remember that newborn baby smell, such an exciting time for you..
silversky
silversky

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileLines Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:47 pm

I am very nervous and excited! I never thought I would have kids (or a husband for that matter, haha). Goes to show how much things can change! I am going to be a stay at home mom and I am looking forward to spending so much time with our little son! Smile

On a side note, here is a pic from my maternity photo shoot Very Happy

Four more weeks!!! Miller_Brittany_18-2

Is there anything you thought you needed with your first kid that you never used? I am so hesitant to buy all these baby things only to never use it!
SmileLines
SmileLines

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:02 pm

One thing I can say is that pregnancy has been good to you...
You look absolutely beautiful in the photo Smile
My girls are 35, 23 and 20 so I don't know all the new baby things that are out there but I would say that it's best to buy all the necessities and then slowly you can figure out what else you will need. All the best to you and your hubby
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2011-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Faces-by-Belle/20513790

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileLines Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:58 pm

Thanks Belle Very Happy
SmileLines
SmileLines

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:46 am

Aww,congrats. Beautiful picture by the way, you look absolutely gorgeous! My advice is do your best to stay rested, and don't put too much pressure on yourself about being "supermom". Let people help you so you don't get exhausted. Each day will be exciting and wonderful. Can't wait to see picture of your little guy. Best of luck to you and your hubby.
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileLines Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:56 am

Thanks Veelux! I sometimes worry that I will try to be a super mom! Pinterest kind of raised the bar on parenting xD. My mom will be coming down for a week after the baby is born to help me, so I am excited for that.

I will definitely post a pic once the little one is here.

I just had my event today and have decided that no matter what, I am bringing my own chair from now on. I was told he had a highchair for me to use so I chose not to bring mine... I got there and he said he forgot to pick it up ( confused ). Long story short, I had to use two little chairs and I was in soo much pain afterwards. Yikes! I also ran thirty minutes later than scheduled because I had to keep getting up to stretch. Bleh. Lesson learned!
SmileLines
SmileLines

Back to top Go down

Post by daphne78 Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:23 pm

the best advise I can give you..
ENJOY!!!!!
even when it's tough... enjoy
daphne78
daphne78

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-08-22

http://daphneschminkt.webklik.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacey's Faces Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:56 pm

Wow you look beautiful! Congrats on the soon arrival btw! My first was a boy too and they are so mama's boys i LOVE it. He's 7 now and he's still my baby boy that loves to snuggle me hehe.

My advice would be in the beginning the baby truly doesn't need all the stuff in the stores. They just need clean clothes, onesies are the best in the beginning! Lots of them! Burp cloth, Diapers and make sure you have what you need for feeding, if you are going to breast feed you will need breast pads and nipple cream, or for bottle feeding bottles and formula. That's really all they need for a few months hehe. Just mama, eat, mama ,poop, mama sleep and starts over again hehe.
Lacey's Faces
Lacey's Faces

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigglebrush Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:11 am

Things we never used.... Hmmm... Those little bouncers. The ones you have to keep bouncing yourself... Had several of them and my kids never liked them. Now i dont think we could have made it without a swing. The almighty baby swing...i would highly recommend one of those bad boys!

Cant wait to see the little guy!! Very Happy
Gigglebrush
Gigglebrush

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:21 am

My advice would be to buy duplicates of which ever blanket or special toy they come to love. That way you can have one in the wash and the other with the baby.

Gigglebrush - I chuckled when I read your post. My kids both threw up every time we put them in the swing but they loved the little bouncy thing. Ours had a battery with a vibration setting that they liked. Could have gotten by without it.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigglebrush Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:31 am

Kris5115 wrote:
Gigglebrush - I chuckled when I read your post. My kids both threw up every time we put them in the swing but they loved the little bouncy thing. Ours had a battery with a vibration setting that they liked. Could have gotten by without it.

Haha! Every child is so different Very Happy Ours had the Vibe setting too which I thought for sure they would have loved.... but no... Mad I guess its best just to try them all! Very Happy
Gigglebrush
Gigglebrush

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Jody Rife Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:42 am

You are stunning Brittany, if only we were closer I would love to paint you. Smile I so wish I had done maternity pics.
Jody Rife
Jody Rife

Number of posts : 1725
Registration date : 2011-02-19

http://www.jodyrife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:24 am

wow you look beautiful !

advice : enjoy enjoy enjoy !

I don't know how it works there but here in the netherlands you get help . Someone who will come for about 8 days to help you , sometimes more it depends on how you're insurance is

( google translate says it's called maternity care )

Sniff and cuddle your baby ! And only let the people come who you want to come.
Take your time to rest !

Be an egoist ( is that an english word? ) and think only of yourself, your baby and okay okay a little bit of your husband Wink

Having a baby is the most beautiful thing ever ! I did it four times Wink

Enjoy !!!!!!!
Daphne
Daphne

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Purplemonkeypaints Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:03 am

I loved my sling for my little ones. I had them close and still had hands free. In fact I painted at a bunch of fairs with my little guy and he spent half the time watching me paint from his cozy lil sling. It was awesome for discrete nursing as well.
Purplemonkeypaints
Purplemonkeypaints

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-03-23

http://www.purplemonkeypaints.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileLines Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:13 am

Lacey: I don't have burp cloths, but I have receiving blankets... I figured I could use those just as well... If I need burp cloths, I'll go buy them though!

Gigglebrush: I recently was given a brand new swing at a facepainting event I did. The lady in the booth next to me said that she never used it and was going to Goodwill it later that day! Crazy how things happen!

Kris: That is genius! I would never think to buy two! My nephew LOVES his elmo stuffed animal, but every time I see it I cringe! It definitely has a lot of miles on it, and I'm sure it must be difficult explaining to a child why you are taking their security item away...

I'm putting off on buying a bouncer until I see how he does in the swing! Hopefully he likes it so we don't need to get anymore big things. Living in a one bedroom really limits me on how much I can buy :/

Jody: Thank you! I had my hair and makeup done by a beauty school student and she did a really great job! I could never make myself look halfway decent, haha! I think pictures are so important because you are only pregnant so many times (plus, my best friend happens to be a photographer who I help occasionally!). I would have loved to donate my belly for practice! It would be fun to be painted by someone else!

Daphne! That is so cool that you guys have someone who comes and helps! My mother will be traveling up and living with us for 9 days, so I hope that will be good! I feel bad because I have had so many people tell me they were going to come visit at the hospital, and I had to tell them that I am only going to have family come... :/ I guess they will understand when they have their own... I really don't even think I will want visitors the first week, but we will see. I'm sure I'll have a lot of drop ins.
WOW! Four kiddos is a lot! My mom had 5 and I don't know how she (or you) did it! I guess once your baby is in your arms it just can't be compared to the pain of birth, or the nine months of little pains!
SmileLines
SmileLines

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileLines Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:14 am

Purplemonkeypaints wrote:I loved my sling for my little ones. I had them close and still had hands free. In fact I painted at a bunch of fairs with my little guy and he spent half the time watching me paint from his cozy lil sling. It was awesome for discrete nursing as well.

What kind of sling did you get? I was given one that looks like a hammock that slings around your shoulder, but the moby wrap looks really nice too.
SmileLines
SmileLines

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down