Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best paint to use on kids?

3 posters

Go down

best paint to use on kids? Empty best paint to use on kids?

Post by marley2580 Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:57 am

I'm looking into getting some paints and was wondering what to get? I was def going to get snazaroo for bases etc, but what about for white and black? Is there any other paint that's as good for kids skin as snaz?

marley2580

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

best paint to use on kids? Empty Re: best paint to use on kids?

Post by Lady Jayde Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:40 am

Welcome to the forum. Since pretty much all of us use our makeup on children young and old, I don't know how to best answer your question. Snazaroo is the make up with the child safe rating, however I don't use it anymore and have opted to use Paradise, Kryolan, Wolfe and Tag instead. I paint children and adults and haven't had a problem yet. For more specific answers about the qualities of the individual makeup brands, I'd suggest you type in the name in the search bar, grab a huge cup of your favorite drink and enjoy the read...there's tons on here about the different brands. Good Luck.
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:44 am

Nothing will wash off as easily as Snazaroo. Next easiest for washing off (and therefore be child and parent friendly) would be Paradise and Kryolan, BUT Paradise is perfumed which could cause some reactions if the child is allergic to fragrances or coconut and Kryolan is almost worse for lines than Snazaroo in my personal experience. Wolfe/TAG/DFX/etc. are waxy and easier to get crisp, opaque lines, but they are a nightmare to wash off by comparison and I've reacted to at least one or two of those lines, so I generally avoid them.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by marley2580 Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:00 am

So would you suggest using snazaroo mostly but DFX etc for lines? Or should I try and stick to the snaz? What about rainbow cakes?

marley2580

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:16 pm

it's all going to be personal preference. I only use Snazaroo, but most painters prefer to put the art over the washability.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down