Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bomb threat

+3
ladysinaz
veelux
amylady222
7 posters

Go down

bomb threat Empty bomb threat

Post by amylady222 Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:35 pm

so we had a bomb threat at our school today---seriously what is up with Colorado schools?

We have MAYBE 500 students --and that is ALL students from Pre-K thru 12. They all go to the same building.

My little 1st grader was so scared and crying and my pre-k who is scared of fire drills was like "no big deal"

but what I want to know is what goes through someones head to make this happen?
we aren't sure if there was a bomb or not, the school has been cleared to go to school--

I am worried my little 1st grader will be afraid to go to school, she has always loved it.

And what if there really was a bomb? Will someone try to blow up the school again?

We live in a very small town so this could cause lots of problems with rumors and pointing fingers.

It is our voting location for the presidental election taking place in the USA tomorrow--so it might have had something to do with that---that is what I am thinking.
amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

bomb threat Empty Re: bomb threat

Post by veelux Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Thats so crazy, sorry your little one is scared. Horrible to have to worry about things like that. Here is hoping for the best.
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ladysinaz Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:40 pm

could be a few things..The elections is a good theory.
Sometimes kids are just aholes. Makes then feel powerful and/or gets buddy's out of school for a bit.

We used to have bomb threats at my high school every few months. There was never anything there, it was always some kid thinking he was swift.
Don't stress Wink

Best to find a way to explain it to the little one, so they aren't so scared tho :/
ladysinaz
ladysinaz

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2012-08-11

http://www.maguscorium.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebons Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:51 pm

Amylady
I'm so sorry you and your children have to deal with this! My advice for any news for kids is to be as matter of fact as possible. I believe that they pick up so much more on our emotional state then content.
Rebons
Rebons

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Http://happypaintedfaces.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:57 pm

amylady.... if it makes you feel any better, we used to have bomb threats all through my school years - and that was way back in the 60s and 70s! And I come from a little podunk town...
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by ParTIA Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Colorado is out of control right now! I am sorry your little one had to be exposed to the craziness. Mine are now old enough to "get it" and it breaks my heart all that they are exposes to. I can't even stand watch the news. What happened to our way of living (here and everywhere). On the bright side we do live in one of the most beautiful places in the country Smile
ParTIA
ParTIA

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2011-07-05

http://www.partiafacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:25 pm

Just like Miss Ronnie said, when my daughter was young there were ALWAYS bomb threats...the chance of anything REALLY happening is so minute, so try not to worry. Try to make your child understand that she/he is really safe, there really isn't any bomb, someone just SAID that......that it's just a big "lie" by someone who wants attention and that they'll catch that person for lying and put him in jail, not to worry. That should make your little one feel better.
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:27 pm

They were usually phoned in by some wingnut who didn't want to take the math test that day...
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:05 am

Your right Miss Ronnie...it's the 2012 version of being bored and calling pizza deliveries to some strangers house, only much more serious. Hope they catch the little B_____!!!!!!
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:31 am

It was a kid from a rival high school--I figured it wasn't real because

1. Who calls in a bomb threat? Don't real bomb setting people just let them go off?
2. If it was a local kid, why not call in at the beginning of the day so you get the WHOLE day off
3. Who does this in Colorado--Hellp! Colorado is crazy about stuff like this because of all the horrible things that have happened here--the kid that did it is going to be in major trouble! HEck I had a friend who put a smoke bomb in the ventalation system at my high school and they were going to charge him federally--they don't mess around in Colorado--my friend got off easy, cause it was BEFORE Colubine and a senior prank

What makes me most made is all htese little kids now are scared to go to school---they are building a new school anyway (right behind the current one) so my little ones are scared they will knowck the old building down with them in it, and now all of this!

We have talked about it A LoT and we are doing better, but it is just crappy---
amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down