Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brand Spanking New Face Painter in Tulsa!

+2
veelux
JennyNixe
6 posters

Go down

Brand Spanking New Face Painter in Tulsa! Empty Brand Spanking New Face Painter in Tulsa!

Post by JennyNixe Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi everybody!

My name is Jenny, and I have just started face painting. Like, I have a snazaroo palette, the Klutz paints, and a Wolfe palette on the way. I can't wait until next month to get some split cakes! I don't have an avatar yet, because I'm not confident about my painting.

I feel like I know some of you already, because I've been poring over this forum for days. You folks are so generous to share your techniques, successes and (rare) failures. I go to bed every night and dream of painting.

I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you. And I hope this hasn't sounded too creepy, I'm just in the first love phase. I'm sure I'll get less starry-eyed as time goes on.
JennyNixe
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Brand Spanking New Face Painter in Tulsa! Empty Re: Brand Spanking New Face Painter in Tulsa!

Post by veelux Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:14 pm

Welcome Jenny, sounds like you are very excited - You go girl!
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Brand Spanking New Face Painter in Tulsa! Empty Re: Brand Spanking New Face Painter in Tulsa!

Post by Valerie A Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:45 pm

Jenny, Welcome!
Doesn't sound creepy to me! Laughing If you've been lurking for awhile you've seen how most of us newbies are just 'swept away' with face painting! bounce

Please join us in the "New to Face Painting" section. There are challenges there by/for us new people and a show and tell. Pretty soon you will feel comfortable to have your very own face painted avatar. Laughing
Look forward to having you post there!
Valerie
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:01 am

Welcome to the Forum!
You do not sound creepy to me. You are amongst like-minded people who also love to find out about new techniques, old techniques, equipment, line management, etc.
Have fun!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:42 am

Hi Jenny, and welcome to the forum!

I'm a newbie too, but it's really warm and friendly here so I'm sure you'll feel very comfortable. As Valerie said, there's a great newbie section, and even the long-established pros here are generous with their time, support and knowledge.

Do you mean the Klutz paints that come with the face painting book? I got that book just FOR the paints (the book isn't great) because they're Wolfe Bros. brand and worth more than I paid for the whole thing. Smile

I look forward to seeing your practice work soon! Smile

Kammy x
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Jody Rife Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:11 am

Welcome Jenny! This is the perfect place to learn. Smile
Jody Rife
Jody Rife

Number of posts : 1725
Registration date : 2011-02-19

http://www.jodyrife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyNixe Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Thanks, everyone, for the welcome! It's wonderful to find so many people who share my enthusiasm. I will be joining the newbie challenges after I get a bit more practice in.

Kammy, yes, they are the Wolfe paints. Like most folks, I really love the black and white!
JennyNixe
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:36 pm

The point with the newbie challenges isn't to do anything perfectly, or to get practice and THEN do it. It's just to join in, get ideas and feedback and enthusiastic support from the rest of us. Smile I'm sure you'd do great, and it's a wonderful way to just let go of being self-conscious and jump in with the rest of us.

Also...you might only have those paints right now. But just wait. You'll soon be an addict, just like the rest of us. I've had to put myself on a buying ban! Laughing

Hope you have lots of fun here!
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down