Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Please!!! I need some info on fundraiser options.

2 posters

Go down

Help Please!!! I need some info on fundraiser options. Empty Help Please!!! I need some info on fundraiser options.

Post by Smiletime Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:45 am

Our school is in the process of raising the funds for a new playground. I thought it would be a good opportunity to get my foot in the door in the district. I thought if I could set up a tent at all home football games and basketball games, I would donate a portion of my proceeds to the playground fund. The only problem is, the woman in charge wants some potential numbers to take to the board, and I have only ever done 1 small fundraiser for 2 hours. They want to know potentially how much money could be made. It is a large school and the games are always totally packed with kids. Does anyone have any experience with something like this and have some ballpark figures I can give them. She really wants to do this but she needs board approval. I was thinking that in addition to the painting funds, I would also put out a donation jar and all proceeds from that would go directly to the fund. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make this look attractive to the school board? I thought that one of the main attactions would be that they do not have to send home things to sell to all the parents, if they want to get painted, they do. I would really be the only one involved. It isn't going to make a huge amount of money, but it will help.
Smiletime
Smiletime

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2011-07-21

http://www.depacesfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Help Please!!! I need some info on fundraiser options. Empty Re: Help Please!!! I need some info on fundraiser options.

Post by Luvs to paint Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:57 am

Maybe they would agree to let you paint at a game to see what the potential is and take it from there. A "Trial Run." If it works out good, it could be profitable for you both. Every event has the potential for success or not. You can never guarantee you'll get good tips or that people will want to wait in line rather than go quickly to find a good seat prior to the game.

Lorie
Luvs to paint
Luvs to paint

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Help Please!!! I need some info on fundraiser options. Empty Re: Help Please!!! I need some info on fundraiser options.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:57 am

What you can do is take the number of faces you can paint per hour X the rate you charge per face X the number of hours you will be painting. That is the only possible estimate you can provide. With no guarantees as you have no idea of the traffic you will get.

Tips cannot be put in the equation as you cannot estimate how many people will bother. It is an extra, but not a set amount.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smiletime Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:33 pm

Thanks....that is kind of what I have in mind. I would make my board simple to maximize the potential traffic. I hope that the fact that it does not cost them any money or effort will be the selling factor.
Smiletime
Smiletime

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2011-07-21

http://www.depacesfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum