Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steampunk and Animae design ideas needed

3 posters

Go down

Steampunk and Animae design ideas needed Empty Steampunk and Animae design ideas needed

Post by kyt eubanks Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:42 pm

Hi y'all,

I'm going to be painting at a Steampunk/Animae convention next month and besides the cogs and gears one thinks of immediately I'd love to hear other folks think would make good faces designs.

I've come up with this short list of other ideas for faces but it's by no means complete.

Octopus
Dragonfly
Mermaid
Compass
Clockface
Bee
Shells
Airships/Balloon
Monicle

Can't wait to hear what the collective brain of the list has to offer on this subject. I expect this kind of convention is going to become more popular over the next few years. Thanks very much,
Kyt Eubanks

kyt eubanks

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Steampunk and Animae design ideas needed Empty Re: Steampunk and Animae design ideas needed

Post by fesspenter Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:47 pm

Dear kyt eubanks:
I believe Shandi (I think) began a steampunk challenge sometime last year.
Google facepaintforum steampunk and see what you come up with.
Happy painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Steampunk and Animae design ideas needed Empty Re: Steampunk and Animae design ideas needed

Post by GingerKitty0304 Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:28 pm

I regularly paint at anime (not animae, the hardcore otaku will murder you for spelling it wrong) conventions, and honestly, just cute masks and swirly eye designs take the cake as far as paint goes. My Little Pony is also outrageously popular at cons right now, so you might try some cute little cheek art of MLP characters. You can also paint anime eyes over the eyelids.. It's creepy, but popular. The Hollow Mask from Bleach is a good seller, and various pokemon designs..
GingerKitty0304
GingerKitty0304

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kyt eubanks Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:17 am

Hey Gingerkitty.

Thank you so much for the sage advice and the ideas about Anime. I'm very much looking forward to this first convention of its type in Amarillo.

Best,
Kyt

kyt eubanks

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down