Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is it safe to put glitter tattoos?

+6
Miss Ronnie
Perry Noia
shandi
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
SuzySparkles
FunnyFacesCC
10 posters

Go down

Where is it safe to put glitter tattoos? Empty Where is it safe to put glitter tattoos?

Post by FunnyFacesCC Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi everyone,
I just got my glitter tattoo stencil set and am new to it. I think it'll be a good addition to my services since I live in a very hot and humid climate, with a lot of pool and beach parties in the summer (not too mention sweaty faces). I've only seen examples of glitter tattoos on arms, it makes sense because they last so long, but is it safe to put them in other places like faces?

Also, what's the best removal for skin, baby oil? I tried alcohol on one on my arm and it didn't seem to do much so I just let it wear off on its own.
FunnyFacesCC
FunnyFacesCC

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2012-03-11

http://funnyfacesfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Where is it safe to put glitter tattoos? Empty Re: Where is it safe to put glitter tattoos?

Post by SuzySparkles Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:45 pm

technically it IS safe if you are using cosmetic glitter... Pashur uses tons of glitter on his face paintings, the only difference is the glue... Yes as it wears down it will look kind of crappy on a face...

I have done it like 2x, but I usually warn the parents that it can last a few days and they usually tell the kid no.
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Where is it safe to put glitter tattoos? Empty Re: Where is it safe to put glitter tattoos?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:03 pm

They are usually safe in my basement, and the car too.

Back to top Go down

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:12 am

Legs, hands and arms are easy. I did one on a (child-sized) neck and it was a little more tricky. Hard to catch the excess glitter and the stencil was all rippled.

Any area on the body that is flat is good for tats. Shoulder blades, stomachs, lower back would also work.
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shandi Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:49 am

i refuse to do them on the face, I have a competitor that does them on the face and it really seems like a bad idea to put that glue on your face, it's hard enough to get it off other areas.
shandi
shandi

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://facepaintingbyshandi.webs.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:04 pm

it's safe enough to put on their face (I put glue on my nose every time I work)... but it lasts so long, that it's not a great idea to have it in such a prominent place.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Shannon Fennell wrote:They are usually safe in my basement, and the car too.

lol!
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcatfin Tue May 01, 2012 4:16 pm

I don't anywhere except arms/ legs/ collarbones etc on kids due to the removal factor but do all-over body glitter tatts A LOT.

I would still keep clear of actual eyelids etc incase of any unwanted sticking open (or shut) and also of lips, due to the fact that I mainly prefer using alcool to remove it. Not nice in/ round those areas! Same as with nipples, ouch, don't want to be rubbing THEM hard to get off the glue!

And other more 'sensitive' areas.

Cat x
Wildcatfin
Wildcatfin

Number of posts : 502
Location : Mainly being a fairy face painter at Bewilderwood in UK
Registration date : 2008-12-16

http://www.bodypaintingbycat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caswell Designs FP Tue May 01, 2012 4:52 pm

I never put them on the face because of the adhesive, but have done them on collarbones, necks, backs, shoulder blades, ankles, top of foot, bellies.....etc, etc. No vajazzling yet. Still waiting for that question to come up.

And with the alcohol to remove, you have to let the alcohol saturate the adhesive, so give it a few minutes to soak in. Then it is easier to rub off. Same for lotion or oil if you use it.
Caswell Designs FP
Caswell Designs FP

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2010-01-15

http://www.caswellfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EileenF Wed May 02, 2012 2:10 am

Seriously, a great place to market glitter tattoos are at strip clubs, and I mean upscale ones.. lol. I was working a school event at my moms work, and a parent whispered to me her friend is a dancer and she knows I would sell a bunch of kits/tattoos there. I was like "That's a great idea!" lol... come to think of it..... But yes, the vajazzling is a new thing, a great place to market them are at salons/spas/massage parlors too if any of you are looking for places where pepole would love them. I also have them at my salon, the nail girls love doing them as an upsale during their services. IF you contact salons, tell them they are fast and easy to do, and they can make an extra $5+ dollars in less than 3 minutes a client. A great way to build business, is contacting salons. A LOT of them do open salon nights and womens parties. Why not add a glitter tattoo to a client who is getting a pedicure? But if I was asked to vajazzle someone... uh, I would if they paid me right!

Also baby showers. I have a lady who is having a baby shower and she is going to have girls and women of all ages there. She is not telling the sex of the baby until the baby shower. I told her I had an idea.. Have everyone get glitter tattoos as they come in, they get a pink (or girl color) if they think its a girl... a blue (or boy color) if they think it is a boy. The guests have no idea how the sex of the baby will be announced, until she shows her tummy with a glitter tattoo saying "ITS A GIRL!" And the after, she is paying me to do glitter tattoos for a couple of hours.

Also, a good business tool is to have a virtual business card that can be attached to email or text messages. I ran out the other day, but when mothers were asking if I had any cards, they were very cool with me having one that I texted to their phones. All of them said "I won't lose this one for sure"...

I never have done glitter tattoos on faces but I would not have a problem doing one. One 6 year old boy wanted a batman and I said "Where?" and he pointed to his forehead (I mean he chose my big batman stencil) and I busted out laughing, I looked right at the dad and he said "Nuh uh!!" to him.

As far as storing, I never leave my tattoo stencils or glues in my car or right in the sun if I'm outside. I prefer to do my glitter tattoos outside if possible because the sparkle they get really help them sell when other people see them. The sun can ruin the glue and the vinyl stencils can get air bubbles or act funny. I just keep them stored in the shade. Either way, I always "squeege" each stencil for a second before I do a tattoo, especially the ones that have tiny pieces in them. That way, I'm sure that the stencil comes off easier from the transfer tape. I am going to make a video soon showing how you can use a squeege to EASILY apply ANY stencil that has tiny pieces and get it on in seconds.

EileenF
EileenF

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2012-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by vicky@addgo.com Sun May 20, 2012 3:25 am

Eileen, send me your digital glitter card hon. thx.
vicky@addgo.com
vicky@addgo.com

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum