Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would love your input on my new website

+4
Perry Noia
Miss Ronnie
SuzySparkles
FUNFACTORY
8 posters

Go down

Would love your input on my new website Empty Would love your input on my new website

Post by FUNFACTORY Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:17 am

I FINALLY got it published cheers cheers But I think I doubled my gray hair dealing with the domain transfer - I am SO NOT a techie confused What a Face

www.funfactoryfacepainting.com

Let me know if there is ANYTHING that needs edited . I would have liked to add a few small pictures on the service page but couldn't get them small enough Mad I didn't have my prices listed on my old site , so this new and hopefully clear and easy to read.
FUNFACTORY
FUNFACTORY

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://WWW.FUNFACTORYFACEPAINTING.COM

Back to top Go down

Would love your input on my new website Empty Re: Would love your input on my new website

Post by FUNFACTORY Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:25 pm

anyone ? feed back please I love you
FUNFACTORY
FUNFACTORY

Back to top Go down

Would love your input on my new website Empty Re: Would love your input on my new website

Post by SuzySparkles Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:34 pm

hmmm hmmm hmmm... I can be too honest sometimes and I hate hurting feelings..

First, I love your logo...haha Smile

I dunno, it just seems really.... boring. I would take that big ol' WARNING off of the front... kind of seems unfriendly. Let me know if you need some help with some things Smile
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by FUNFACTORY Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:50 pm

I love my logo too -THANKS Suzy!
No I want feed back. Yes - kinda boring
like I said there is more I would like to do but haven't figured it out yet scratch Do you think it needs more pictures or what?

I didn't like my last site at all, it was unorganized and I just didn't know what to do with it. I am happy with the fresh start but know it needs more.
FUNFACTORY
FUNFACTORY

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:59 pm

Well the text is throwing me off a bit, it is kind of all over the place on the first page.

The rainbow colors in the 'service and rates' annoys my eyes...

Perhaps a FAQ tab?

Perhaps a separate Belly tab with pics and rates.

Perhaps I would do your top banner with a picture as well... (something I threw together quickly)
Would love your input on my new website Trial10

I will do a nice one if you like the idea...

And other than that, I think it is pretty good Smile

SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi Kerrie! It looks good! Your designs are great, too (Love the raccoon!)

The only thing thing I noticed was a typo on your home page. You need to place a space between the period at the end of "I felt ready to jump in" and "I now have fairs..." Also, the last sentence of that paragraph doesn't flow correctly... (Sorry, my English major is showing) You could possibly change it to this instead: First, make your sentence end at "under my belt" (I'd also add an exclamation point, as this is a quite an accomplishment!) Next, you could say "Continual practice and the creation of new designs is my absolute favorite pastime!" You could also try to use Bold print when you are listing the events you have under your belt.... it automatically serves as a sort of service menu for you.

I hope you see that as helpful and not nit-picking!!!!
Very Happy
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:00 pm

the first thing that strikes me is that while we painters like to see eachother's set ups, I don't know that customers will care about all the set up pictures on the front page?
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:56 pm

Dear Kerrie:

There is a typo on your "Services and Rates".
There is an 'R' in Services

"Fairs and Festivals is is too light of a color and is too hard to read.

"fundraising and Benefits" should have a capital "F" in Fundraising.

Under "Birthday Parties, there is an extra space after the word theme, before the comma that should be taken away. A space should be added after design before the parentheses. Comma should be after girls and then Prates should be Pirates.
There is an extra space inside the ending parenthesis that should be removed.
I would remove the "design.(if time allows) and change it to
design...if time allows.
to avoid the inclusion of too many (parentheses)
or design (if time allows).

There is an extra space after guests, then it looks like you need the space added before please.
Give an extra space before "However"

Corporate Events and Corporate Sponsors (I would Capitalize the Corporate Sponsors, too).

add space after ages,

Prenatal Belly Painting
Capitalize "The" in The painting can be done before or during

Glitter Tattoos
last 3-7 days instead of lasts 3-7 days

I hope that this is not too nitpicky. I was the computer typesetter/computer illustrator in a small advertising company and I had to proofread everything.

I hope that once my website is ready to launch, FPF will help me with all those details that I will miss.

Oh, and I agree with Perry Noia about the set ups. (I would have never noticed that the first picture was something I wanted to see, NOT what a potential client would see. Good eye, Perry!)

Lisa
fesspenter
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by contrachapado Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:38 am

Is there a way to add a little more color to the website? The gray background and dark blue seem a little somber. Just an idea!
contrachapado
contrachapado

Number of posts : 751
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by leapinglizards Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:53 am

Keeping in mind that we make websites, and many home made sites make me cringe a little.... I like it over all.

The nits- Pick one font and stick with it. Pick a color theme and stick with it. Get rid of yellow text.

Re-write the copy on the front page- It is sales copy, and needs to be a bit more engaging with a call to action.

Overall, it looks nice. Not TOO slick (Like joe average can't afford you) Not too home made. The pictures show good work, and lots of happy kids and as long as you're not trying to market henna or glitter tats, it says what you do and does so pretty well. I do like the NAME and logo though.

So, mainly, pick a font, re-write a little to spice it up... Here's a SUGGESTION to take and choose from- by no means suggesting it is what you should use:

Hi, my name is Kerrie and Face Painting is my FAVORITE pastime so I decided to share it with YOU! Fun Factory Face Painting was started in April 2011 but I’ve been painting and involved with things artistic at an early age.

After hours of research and practice, learning my curls, swirls and my magical glitter-toss, I felt ready to jump in and share the miles of smiles that face painting can bring to the young and young at heart.

I can bring my face painting to your fairs, festivals, birthday parties wedding receptions, family reunions, baby showers, corporate parties, grand openings, school events, and fundraisers. I service the area in and around Grand Rapids, but travel to other areas is possible.

We use only the safest most child-friendly professional face paints. Your safety is out primary concern. We make sure that the products we use are real professional brand face paints that have FDA approved ingredients that are intended to be used on your skin and wash away easily with gentle soap and warm water. PLEASE BE AWARE- Craft paint is NOT for face painting, and non - toxic does not mean safe for the skin.

I look forward to bringing many smiles to your next event so... give me a call and…

GET YOUR PAINT ON!!!

leapinglizards

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2009-10-31

http://www.livecanvasart.com

Back to top Go down

Would love your input on my new website Empty website

Post by Jamie's Faces Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:11 pm

I like your website. very clear images. lots of examples. good luck!
Jamie's Faces
Jamie's Faces

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-08-09

http://www.jamies-faces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FUNFACTORY Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:26 pm

A big thank you to ALL that took the time to look, and help me make my site better I love you
I hope to have time this weekend to do a lot of fixing- Just to get this far is a big accomplishment for me . THANK YOU !
FUNFACTORY
FUNFACTORY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down