Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-did my website, input?

2 posters

Go down

Re-did my website, input? Empty Re-did my website, input?

Post by KaraHorchata Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:54 pm

I originally had my makeup artistry and face painting all in one website. And I started to hate it. I felt like my makeup clients didn't take me seriously and my face painting clients felt I didn't know what I was doing. And I just REALLY want to separate my two business.

So I took the plunge and got a website with Wix, I love the platform and I've been working on this for the past week or so and I'm finally happy with it.

Any advice?

www.littlefoxfacepaint.com

Edit: The logo is a Wix stock logo. I'm currently editing my own on Photoshop.

Last edited by KaraHorchata on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add something)
KaraHorchata
KaraHorchata

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-11-13

http://www.littlefoxfacepaint.com/

Back to top Go down

Re-did my website, input? Empty Re: Re-did my website, input?

Post by jlirie Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:56 am

your contact info is right at the top of the homepage, that’s good - easy for people to contact you Smile

and bunch of pics on the homepage is good - people can see your work right away.

however, the designs on your gallery page are actually better than the ones on your homepage - i suggest putting the gallery photos on your homepage, and ditching the photos on the homepage.

maybe make the text font a little bigger - easier to read.

my artsy painty side wants to see more color on your homepage and page formats - the graphics/color scheme should shout "face painting, fun, hire me!"

which brings me to the crucial question - if you came across your website, would it inspire you to hire you as a face painter?
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by KaraHorchata Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:02 pm

Do you think I should just copy some images from my gallery onto my homepage and have the image double? Or just put a few images from the gallery ONLY on the homepage (I hope that made sense).

I think that's the problem I'm running into. I like minimalistic design and clean layouts when it comes to web pages. I'm not afraid of color, my brain just DOES NOT LIKE IT when it comes to web design. I've searched face painter websites in my area and they all look so...unprofessional. Huge, bold fonts. Weird layouts. Animated text. Every color of the rainbow. It makes me cringe >.<. This is leaving me in a rut.

Last edited by KaraHorchata on Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a few words)
KaraHorchata
KaraHorchata

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:52 am

whatever you think is good on the images, I think a variety of your best work, maybe some on the homepage, some in the gallery?

I agree you don't want your website to be garish. maybe you can think up a tasteful way to use some color in your minimalist sense. or maybe your photos could fill that role.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by KaraHorchata Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:29 pm

Thanks so much, I'll be working on this today!!
KaraHorchata
KaraHorchata

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down