Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doing henna in establishments ( salons, etc)

2 posters

Go down

Doing henna in establishments ( salons, etc) Empty Doing henna in establishments ( salons, etc)

Post by aussiemarie Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:26 pm

I am wondering what sort of experiences any one has had with doing henna in someone's business establishment, like a hair salon, studio, or tanning place, or even at a kiosk in a shopping mall. How did you negotiate the arrangement? What were the terms (in general), etc?
I live in a small community that over the last year folks have shown alot of interest in henna ( just seeing mine or some of my friends with my work on) and indicate they want it. I often give out a business card and suggest they email me to be on a henna email list. If I have an event and will be doing henna, then I send out an email "blast". The problem is...I dont have a regular location or gig for people connect me too. The previous arrangement with a local hair studio died when the owner up and moved with zero notice! I was lucky just to get my "henna style" paintings out in time. So months of promoting myself at that studio are now mute.
I am hoping the forum may have some suggestions as how to approach a place. And I am curious about feedback on offering henna in my home? or at a local park....?
thanks.Doing henna in establishments ( salons, etc) Cimg1510
aussiemarie
aussiemarie

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-05-12

http://www.maconfacesfacepainting.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

Doing henna in establishments ( salons, etc) Empty Re: Doing henna in establishments ( salons, etc)

Post by JBM Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:33 am

I do hourly bookings - if it is just one person wanting a small piece I suggest they get a few friends together and split the cost as i price it same as face painting. I'm considering approaching a few places in the town I'm in at the moment. My previous experience was with a "new age" kinda shop working under my old henna boss - she has a really well established well marketed business but the shop (although she still does it) is still one of her lowest earners - we'd give them from memory 20% and they'd market the henna appointments and do bookings as well as give her a space. I prefer going to people as being at a shop space meant long stretches sitiing around between people and I'm used to a super busy festival environment.
JBM
JBM

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2010-10-18

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Henna-by-Riana/149537191765171?ref

Back to top Go down