Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna Tattoos using Transfer Paper?

3 posters

Go down

Henna Tattoos using Transfer Paper? Empty Henna Tattoos using Transfer Paper?

Post by Jobena1 Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:09 am

I have a freind (who owns a henna shop in NJ) who actually uses tattoo transfer paper to make a "henna transfer" She said when she does larger designs for festivals she keeps a few on hand to apply to a persons back or shoulder...SHe also keeps smaller ones so when she is busy her daughters can do the smaller ones while she is working the bigger more time consuming...She said alot of Henna Artist keep quite a few on hand in their shops it also helps to rearrange a design for clients....any thoughts. I will check it out and keep posted when she sends me some smaller and a larger design to try out....this sounds like great fun!!!
Jobena1
Jobena1

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2011-11-26

http://www.fababyjody.com

Back to top Go down

Henna Tattoos using Transfer Paper? Empty Re: Henna Tattoos using Transfer Paper?

Post by TheSparklingLady Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:55 pm

Don't get the idea of transfer paper for this? Are thee pre-printed or something one prints ones self?
TheSparklingLady
TheSparklingLady

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.thesparklinglady.com/

Back to top Go down

Henna Tattoos using Transfer Paper? Empty Re: Henna Tattoos using Transfer Paper?

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:54 pm

You can use a surgical pen (some henna suppliers sell them) and draw on tracing paper, they transfer with alcohol or I think some people use a deodorant stick...

I have some tattoo ink transfers that are simply drawn on newsprint paper and I've also made my own transfers for detailed bodypainting for logos, etc. on tracing paper with tattoos inks and used an alcohol swab to wipe down the skin in order to transfer the ink to the skin, then trace, paint by numbers, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobena1 Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:23 pm

Exactly what Shannon said...I like the idea personally especially for larger designs....I had to do a side of the leg from bottom of the shorts to the ankle...I used multiple transfers...first to map out design she liked and then I used the alcohol method with a hectograph pencil(tattoo pencil)/paper to draw out the outlines and boom transferred to the whole leg before I started to lay down the henna.. I am going to stock up on some really big designs and keep them in a binder to take along with me for easy fast transfers. I will get some pictures together and post them if you like Sparkling Lady on the process...but i think you can google them.
Jobena1
Jobena1

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2011-11-26

http://www.fababyjody.com

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:17 pm

I have the pencil and the paper, and just have not quite taken this plunge yet...so I trace, store, then apply the paper to the skin, pencil side down, apply alcohol, and then trace with the henna? Is that it? I had planned to look into this further when I picked it up, and just kind of forgot I had them. I have been free handing some simple things, but henna is such a nice addition, I would like to be able to have more choice available. Post pics, and corrct me if I have it wrong...

Shannon, is the process the same for the tattoo ink, could you use temptu or any of the alcohol based inks for airbrush tattoos with a brush?
a face painting mom
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:04 pm

I don't see why not. I find that you need to dry out the inks then reactivate with a little 99% alcohol to get a decent consistency for drawing with. Otherwise they are too watery(alcoholy?) and the pigment isn't there with using a brush. Just pour a little in a lid or something, let the alcohol evapourate, then add just a drop of alcohol and work it with the brush to get it to a thick liquid consistency.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down