Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jaquard Brand Glitter "Henna" Kit- isn't at all henna

2 posters

Go down

Jaquard Brand Glitter "Henna" Kit- isn't at all henna Empty Jaquard Brand Glitter "Henna" Kit- isn't at all henna

Post by Lynnie Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Out of curiousity I picked up the "Glitter Henna Kit" from the Jaquard company at Micheal's when I was there the other day. It is a glitter tattoo kit, but for whatever reason they label it as henna.

This does have the glue in a jaquard bottle, which I hadn't thought of before but I think it's brilliant! It comes with stencils but for those who are used to using jaquard bottles with henna, it would be super easy to freehand glitter tattoo designs- much easier than it is with the "lipgloss" wands or a brush for stencils.
The stencils that came with the kit are really stiff and fairly well useless for what we need but it was worth the price (since I got it on discount with a coupon! lol) for this little tidbit! Smile

I'm going to play with it this coming week and let you know how it goes. cyclops Hopefully pics will follow!
Lynnie
Lynnie

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2010-02-09

http://www.artful-body.com

Back to top Go down

Jaquard Brand Glitter "Henna" Kit- isn't at all henna Empty Re: Jaquard Brand Glitter "Henna" Kit- isn't at all henna

Post by Mehndi Masala Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:35 pm

It's actually a fun little kit but $$ wise it's just as easy to pick up the glue and use the glitter you already have. BUT I will say I cannot agree with you more on the stupid wand applicators! I've seen the roll-ons, but havent' tried it...I'd image that's only good for stencils and the line would be fat. I usually use the glue in either a cone or with a paintbrush.
Jaquard Brand Glitter "Henna" Kit- isn't at all henna 156641_462808531015_550376015_6104409_4829376_n
I used a cone for this one, but I did like the jaq bottle idea but it flowed out a little fast and the glue clogs the tip something fierce. I'm sure there are ways around that, but I haven't actually tried them yet. I'd love to hear if you come up with something to counteract that!!!
Mehndi Masala
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Jaquard Brand Glitter "Henna" Kit- isn't at all henna Empty Re: Jaquard Brand Glitter "Henna" Kit- isn't at all henna

Post by Lynnie Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:41 pm

I'm used to using bottles for everything from henna to glitter gel and even gel paints. The only thing I use brushes for is face/body paint. I just have ball-headed straight pins that fit in the hole of the nozzle. I've used that for 10+ years to unclog the bottles and it works like a dream. I imagine it would work the same with glue. Smile

A woman not too far away uses the wands to freestyle and it's just...chunky. I've done it for some flower and swirls but it's so limited.
Lynnie
Lynnie

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2010-02-09

http://www.artful-body.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down