Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parental permission for henna tattoos?

+2
Manabanana
JulieMarieMUA
6 posters

Go down

Parental permission for henna tattoos? Empty Parental permission for henna tattoos?

Post by JulieMarieMUA Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:28 am

Do you request permission from parents for their children to receive henna tattoos?

I just a little puzzled by this. The only reason I ask is because face paint washes off and glitter tattoos can be removed with alcohol, but henna tattoos are there until they wear off. Your input?

Thanks,
Julie
JulieMarieMUA
JulieMarieMUA

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-07-08

http://www.inspirationartistry.com

Back to top Go down

Parental permission for henna tattoos? Empty Re: Parental permission for henna tattoos?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:29 am

That's a really good point. I don't do henna anymore but I only ever did it with adults...

Back to top Go down

Parental permission for henna tattoos? Empty Re: Parental permission for henna tattoos?

Post by Manabanana Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:33 am

I dont do henna, but I would get permission for anyone under 18 to cover my own booty. Better to be safe then sorry.
Manabanana
Manabanana

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2011-07-01

http://www.manaartonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehndi Masala Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:11 pm

At a festival I like to confer with mom and/or dad before henna whenever possible and most kids that are young enough where you would have to be worried about are accompanied.

Those that are not, usually do not have $$ on them and have to ask mom and dad. Hence if mom and dad are not cool with it...no $$ given.

Henna if mixed properly is perfectly safe. If they did not want the kid to have it, then perhaps supervising your own child would be a great start!! If you choose to hand over $$ while your butt sits in the beer garden....well that's what happens! LOL

Seriously tho.....I have nothing 'bad' on my boards for them to choose and the only time I need parental permission is if I want to take a picture. If they specifically say "I want a skull/sword/violent or sexual imagery" I will not do that without parental permission. I also never do 'gangsta' stuff or the playboy bunny. I don't care what thier age is. It's my art...if you want those types of things, go somewhere else. It's a bit of a moral stand or something I'm just not comfortable with. Whatever way you want to put it.

I've never had even an annoyed parent in my 15 years or whatever of doing henna.
Mehndi Masala
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:00 pm

I've had parents prefer henna over face paint due to the natural state of it.

There've been a couple private parties where the hosting parents asked the parents of the attendees if it was okay but I've never asked and never had an issue. I've never been asked for anything questionable in the many years I've been doing henna and I've never had a parent complain.

At the end of it all, henna is temporary and safe so I don't worry about it.
Lynnie
Lynnie

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2010-02-09

http://www.artful-body.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffinblue Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:31 pm

I would want parental permission. Not for any safety concerns, but since its not going to wash off that night, I would want to be certain there were not any family photos or special events to attend where henna is not really wanted.

If my 10 yr old got it done without my permission, I'd be ticked.
Griffinblue
Griffinblue

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:00 pm

Yes, a signed release that informs them of the duration of the stain and specifically how they can expect the stain to gradually darken. Too many parents hand their kids money and let them loose, so I won't take the kids word for it that it's cool with mom/dad to get henna'd.
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down