Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shelly premixed henna, ok place to start?

3 posters

Go down

Shelly premixed henna, ok place to start? Empty Shelly premixed henna, ok place to start?

Post by summers4seasons Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:33 pm

Hi all. I want to play with henna more, but it seems like there is so much room to screw it up if you mix it yourself. I was thinking about ordering some premixed Shelly brand henna for now. Is this an ok place to start? Do you have any other suggestions? I am all ears.

Thank you soooo much!
Summer
summers4seasons
summers4seasons

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

Shelly premixed henna, ok place to start? Empty Re: Shelly premixed henna, ok place to start?

Post by Amy Moon Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:23 pm

I would say only if you are practicing on yourself. You don't know what is in that cone and the stain sucks. It would be much better to find a reputable artist near you and purchase from them. Magical Mehendi from Washington makes killer paste but you want to get it from someone close by to cut down on shipping time especially in the hot months.
Amy Moon
Amy Moon

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2011-01-03

http://www.hennaluna.com

Back to top Go down

Shelly premixed henna, ok place to start? Empty Re: Shelly premixed henna, ok place to start?

Post by JBM Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:10 pm

Whilst it is intimidating at first to mix your own its actually not that hard, the henna pages have really simple recipies and on here there is a pretty good break down of it too. Mixing it is part of the fun! I just finished mixing up my first batch in ages as I've been on a kind of time out and the smell brings me back to festival land!!! have a go... and then if for some reason it doesn't work then you can come and troubleshoot on here Smile
JBM
JBM

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2010-10-18

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Henna-by-Riana/149537191765171?ref

Back to top Go down

Post by summers4seasons Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:41 pm

Ok, I took the plunge. I don't think my henna powder was the best quality, but I have some on order. Here's what I created:
Shelly premixed henna, ok place to start? 15af5afdShelly premixed henna, ok place to start? 2de4c916Shelly premixed henna, ok place to start? 8ac37e00

These are freshly "unwrapped". The little hand only had the paste on for an hour, the palm 3 hours and the back of the hand 5 hours. I can't wait to see what the color does. Tips are always welcome.

Any suggestions for wrapping palms?
summers4seasons
summers4seasons

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down