Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Order advice

4 posters

Go down

Order advice Empty Order advice

Post by Pinky1249 Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:53 am

I'm doing my first festival/fair in about 3 weeks. The average attendance is 80,000. I won't be the only face painter/glitter tatt artist there. But I have no idea how many glitter tatts to buy. Any suggestions? right now I have about 71 designs on my menu. Should I make a new menu, limit the choices and then stock up on them? What designs do you have selling the best? I sell a lot of Tink, skulls and dolphins right now. But I think older folks might want them at the festival. Thanks so much
Pinky1249
Pinky1249

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Order advice Empty Re: Order advice

Post by Perry Noia Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:23 am

I don't do glitter tats, but my analysis of the situation goes something like this... At any given event, about 10% will want what you have to sell. That takes it down to 8,000. Divide by the number of artists attending... divide by FP .vs. glitter tats... I'd say, as long as you have 5-10 of each (maybe a few more of your most popular designs) because you have so many different things, you'll probably be ok. Besides, as you sell out of particular designs, you can put a little piece of tape with a "sold out" on it and it shows that these things are in demand and that drives up sales too.

This is just my thoughts on the matter, maybe someone else has more experience with glitter tats?
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinky1249 Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:46 am

Very smart, Erin! Makes sense. Thanks!
Pinky1249
Pinky1249

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:24 pm

Wow, you guys with business talents amaze me with your calculations...I shall refer back!
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinky1249 Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:58 pm

Should I cut the size of my menu down, or keep the 71 designs? It would cost a small fortune to get 5 of each design, and some I hardly ever sell.
Pinky1249
Pinky1249

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:43 pm

I'd say stock up on the ones you normally sell lots of, keep the "just a few" of the ones you don't normally sell lots of (and keep your normal board) - then the sold out might happen to ones you don't normally sell, but you will likely still have inventory of some design no matter what. Plus you will have extra stock of your regular best sellers if they don't all go.... the more variety you have, the odd person gets to be really happy with a relatively unique design, and if you stock up on ones you know sell, you are set for the future if they don't happen to go here.
Noella
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinky1249 Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:56 pm

That's kind of what I was thinking too....might finally get rid of some those "fugly" designs I've had around forever. LOLOL came free with the kit, way back when!
Pinky1249
Pinky1249

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down