Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolfe white versus DFX or TAG

+6
MonsterKat
Manabanana
zenbyfire
anniel
FaceMyPaint
kyt eubanks
10 posters

Go down

Wolfe white versus DFX or TAG Empty Wolfe white versus DFX or TAG

Post by kyt eubanks Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi all,

I need of a new tub of Wolfe white which I like to use for dots and accents on top of other colors. I recently bought TAG white and it's nice but I don't find it as opaque and covering as the Wolfe.

I was wondering what you all think of the DFX white for this kind of use. I haven't used any of DFX paint yet but would like to try some and since I need more white this might be a good time to find out about how they are the same or different.

Many thanks for your opinions, Smile
Kyt Eubanks
Amarillo, TX

kyt eubanks

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Wolfe white versus DFX or TAG Empty Re: Wolfe white versus DFX or TAG

Post by FaceMyPaint Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:23 pm

I like DFX white, and use it all the time as dots on top of other colors (even black). The only trick I have found is to make sure the paint underneath is dry first, and that your brush load is not too wet.

Amy Bee
FaceMyPaint
FaceMyPaint

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-05-17

http://www.FaceMyPaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:24 am

I am kinda hooked on Wolfe...might be habit, but seems to "glide" a little better than the DFX. I tend to just dip into what's in front of me w/o paying a lot of attention when I am in a hurry, so if I am doing lines and dots--I need to stick to what I am currently using. (Nye and Paradise tend to pick up what the color underneath is, which is called for and pretty sometimes.)
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zenbyfire Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:04 am

i cant tell the difrence between my tag and dfx i really want to get wolfe but nobody ever has it when i need it haha i have found the same as above if you let the under color dry and load your bruch kinda thick it covers fine

zenbyfire

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Manabanana Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:41 pm

Where is the wolfe white!!!!!???!?!?!

Very Happy

I resulted in buying Tag because I was OUT! So far though no difference.
Manabanana
Manabanana

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2011-07-01

http://www.manaartonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MonsterKat Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:51 pm

I like my dfx white...haven't tried wolfe though becuase I can never get it!
MonsterKat
MonsterKat

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by anramire2 Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:52 pm

I have all three. I can't really tell the difference Shocked
anramire2
anramire2

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2009-08-13

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/My-LoVe-for-ART/2104600

Back to top Go down

Post by kyt eubanks Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Me too. I just ordered the Tag white again. I like it fine but it has been interesting to hear what other people think.

Best to all,
Kyt

kyt eubanks

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:58 pm

Keep in mind that all three are made in the same factory with the same paint base so you shouldn't see much difference at all. But, someone posted a really great side by side of all three. Hopefully they will see this and repost. Alot of factors such as temp., humidy and how much water you add will effect coverage as well.

And yes...letting the first layer of paint dry will help any brand of paint go over top. It is hard though when you are in a hurry!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:13 pm

I started with Tag, moved to wolfe it is less opaque. I also have snaz here and due to no wolfe white I can find I ordered my first DFX white this week. If no one has done so by the time it arrives I will post a comparison. but that is subject to postage time.
so far I love wolfe the best.
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:49 pm

I've got OLD Wolfe which is better than NEW Wolfe and DFX. Once I've used it up I guess I'll make do.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:22 am

DFX is my first choice followed by wolfe. I love the opacity of both over other colors, but I can tell the difference in how they go on. To me the DFX goes on smoother especially after a long period of continued usage. The wolfe after prolonged use tends to get very sticky and soft almost like taffy. I am not one to spray my cakes with water, so the only water is whatever is on my brush when i go to pick up the color. Outside of that I really like wolfe. As a side note, this does not happen with the wolfe black so go figure
ChangingFaceDesigns
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zenbyfire Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:33 am

when i need to cover in a hury i use gliter it kinda helps dry it faster... or at least it seams to haha meybe its just the time it take to put the gliter on that helps

zenbyfire

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:31 pm

alright I had some help from my toddler, as it was for a comparison I didn't restart just got on with it. as I did this this morning.and she love to be involved used four new no 4 lowe cornell brushes Tag had the ultra - red,snaz had the round stroke the other DFX and wolfe the standard type. all new
OVER TAG BLACK- ones next to starbursts 1 coat the rest 2
Wolfe white versus DFX or TAG IMG_1291
STENCIL OVER TAG BLACK - the note says that the work is dodgy but I had to hold stencil with left hand on left arm and sponge in white it also says order Tag, DFX,WOLFE Then SNAZ
Wolfe white versus DFX or TAG IMG_1293
AS A BASE
Wolfe white versus DFX or TAG IMG_1296
again TAG,DFX, WOLFE then SNAZ
OVER RAINBOW
Same order
TAG, DFX, WOLFE then SNAZ
Wolfe white versus DFX or TAG IMG_1299

Now
My thoughts Tag performed the poorest and the snaz did pefrom well BUT I had to put a lot more effort in to work the cake and I know from using it previously that it dosn't stay in the brush as long as the others i.e more reloading and it melt in the ausie heat and will ruin and smudge on child in summer over here which is bad for lines.
The diamond FX is definatly in my oppinion the best for lines and I have never touched it before today.

I used as much force on the stencils and wolfe was the best, it required little effort used green sponges on all the snaz came out good too but I fear it will melt where I live mabye not where you live so keep that in mind

Tag and DFX made the best base the tag covered a dark mole on my arm. the wolfe was the hardest to work as a base and dried tight. snaz was the easyist.
the snaz and Tag felt best as a base

in the rainbow I had difficulty with snaz as to get it white i really had to load it as I went round it gave me trouble ripples due to this

What I will be doing.
I use mainly Tag but established a while back that the white isn't that good and switched to wolfe- as of this morning it will be DFX absolutley. but I will be saving the wolfe white for stencils, (which i rarely use) and the tag for bases. i always carry spares in bag anyway.

Although I got good results from snaz it did require more work, and I have watched it melt in the pot on jobs and on childrens faces over here so despite its performance it is going back to my kids (I borrowed it for the test) however if you are willing to put in the work and live in a cooler cliamate it is good. mabye my ripples came from lack of expierience with it.

If I was to have to choose only one it would be as of this morning DFX.
(I am glad I never got to try the old wolfe as I am sure I would be missing it.)

elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down