Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new book! Do you have a favorite book?

5 posters

Go down

My new book! Do you have a favorite book? Empty My new book! Do you have a favorite book?

Post by Gretchen Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:52 pm

This post is part product question and part show-n-tell... I'm super excited because I just published my 3rd book and it was so fun to do!! It's all hand art. You can see some pics of it on my blog: http://paintertainment.blogspot.com/2011/08/introducing-funny-fingers-hand-art.html

It's really cool what you can do now-a-days online. I've been publishing my own books through Lulu.com and my first one through Cafepress.com. (Cafepress wouldn't do full color which is why I switched to Lulu) I just wanted to encourage all of you talented artists out there to try publishing your own work too! I always find it so nice to have real hard copies of inspiration to look at which is why I've been subscribing to every face paint magazine under the sun lately! ;-) There's just something about real paper...

Anyway, I'm curious if any of you have any favorite non-digital books that you have on your shelf that you love. I have the Face Painting Book of Fairy Princesses which I love, but then I didn't like that the steps are all hand drawn rather than photographed. I'd love to see some books of just full color images of great stuff too...but I decided to make my newest book a step-by-step.
Gretchen
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

My new book! Do you have a favorite book? Empty Re: My new book! Do you have a favorite book?

Post by Mehndi Masala Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:30 pm

I've published 4 so far, working on 5 and 6, but I just hand them over to my publisher/friend for sale on her website mostly as royalties for me cause less headaches than bothering myself!! LOL Just lazy I guess! Lately I'm really happy with my wolf bros books and my Tattoo books. Of course I have NEITHER in front of me right now!! LOL But I'll try to remember to add the titles later. Your book does look adorable tho!! Good job!!
Mehndi Masala
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

My new book! Do you have a favorite book? Empty Re: My new book! Do you have a favorite book?

Post by Gretchen Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Thanks! Oooh, great idea to check out tattoo books. I just added a bunch of textile design books to my Amazon wish list too for some inspiration outside of specific face painting books! Didn't think of checking out tattoo books...great idea.
Gretchen
Gretchen

Back to top Go down

Post by debranewmanart Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:59 pm

Fun book, and I really like the "store" page on your website.

debranewmanart

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2011-06-26

https://www.facebook.com/debranewmanart

Back to top Go down

Post by Taradoodles Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:44 pm

I like that book! sounds and looks so fun!
Taradoodles
Taradoodles

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2011-04-03

http://www.taradoodles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretchen Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Thanks! My "other" job is a retail store display designer so of course I had to make a virtual "Store!" I wonder if the book is too pricey...I really wanted the spiral binding so it would stay open while you paint, which makes it more than the usual saddle stitch you see out there. But, it costs a little more. I figure it was so fun just to make it, selling any would just be a bonus!
Gretchen
Gretchen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:43 pm

I did my book "Your Face or Mine" for Snazaroo USA... I get royalty cheques quarterly.

My ebook "The Business of Face Painting" is available from FacePaintingProducts.com. And I am trying to finish up the photos for my second "The Art of Face Painting" - the text has been finished for ages.

I actually just bought a book written by a friend that was self-published. He did print versions as well as ebook (through Amazon). I go the paper version, personalized and autographed! It was his memoir.

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleLA Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:04 am

Mehndi Masala wrote: Lately I'm really happy with my wolf bros books and my Tattoo books. Of course I have NEITHER in front of me right now!! LOL But I'll try to remember to add the titles later. Your book does look adorable tho!! Good job!!

I agree with Kim.

My favorite is the Wolfe Bros 50 extreme faces: www.tinyurl.com/extremefaces

I have all three of the Wolfe "cheat books" and a couple more but I like this one the best because it has "directions" in addition to the photos.

and I also really like the tattoo books:

The Tattoo Sourcebook - http://tinyurl.com/tattoosourcebk
Tattoo Johnny - http://tinyurl.com/tattoojohnny

MichelleLA
MichelleLA

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down