Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New favorite brushes!

5 posters

Go down

New favorite brushes! Empty New favorite brushes!

Post by LaLaLaura Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:03 pm

I went on a search for the perfect round and I think I found it. It's called a Round Stroke by Loew Cornell 7040 series. They called it the "Super Round" on the site so I'm not sure why the name on the handle is different. It's extra thin tip makes great lines and the bristles are super springy. The action reminds me a lot of a gold grip but the tip is thinner. I perfectly outlined teardrops with a #4 so it's a great detail brush. I've been looking for good, all around brush that I can keep in my hand instead of switching for this and that. I took a pic so you can see how thin the line is by my hand. I'm sure a more experienced painter can get it thinner. (Yellow handle made teardrops, green made petals)

Another great find was the La Corneille Flora Round series 7430. There's ghost like hairs on the tip that's great for double loading and it's nice and round for pretty petals. I like not having to double dip my rounds to keep my white brush white and my color brush out of my white. I got a #6 and #2. The small one is great for those floating detail petals although I think I'd've been happier with something a little bigger.. I'm turning out to be one of those that does everything with a #4.

I wasn't super impressed with the #6 double filbert. Maybe I just don't get it. I'll keep playing with it.

I LOVE the Loew Cornell 1" 7100 series Stroke! It's a big one! It easily picked up 4 colors in a large Tag rainbow and I know I can get it to 5. The paint went on and on so no reloading this brush for one face. It's a one stroke brush so the chisel is nice and sharp. I wish I'd ordered 2 of the 3/4" instead of Plaid's. I was just afraid it might not work but it did brilliantly.
Anyway, I'm going to make my first attempt to post a pic. If I don't get it this post, I'll keep trying. I want to share with those who may not know about them now and in the future. Great brushes! Cheers  cheers 

LaLaLaura

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2014-05-22

Back to top Go down

New favorite brushes! Empty Re: New favorite brushes!

Post by eviedejesus Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:51 am

hope you’re able to figure it out - would love to see.
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LaLaLaura Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:17 am

Nope, sorry. I choose the pic I want to upload and that's as far as I get. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

LaLaLaura

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2014-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahralva Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:41 pm

Is this the brush?? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003WQK62Q?pc_redir=1401436684&robot_redir=1

I would love to see the pic too!!!
sarahralva
sarahralva

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2014-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by monelle Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:43 am

@ LaLaLaura - here is what Forest Fairy was kind enough to tell me:  Click on Profile, then on Avatar.  Go down a little way on the left and click on Create Avatar.  From there, it's a simple matter to upload your photo.  Good luck!
monelle
monelle

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2013-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by DebbieB Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:32 am

http://www.facepaintforum.com/t1933-how-to-post-a-photo-2-ways?highlight=post+pics
DebbieB
DebbieB

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-09-09

http://www.debsdreamydesigns.wix.com/debs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down