Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling all Aussies - best Public Liability Provider?

2 posters

Go down

Calling all Aussies - best Public Liability Provider? Empty Calling all Aussies - best Public Liability Provider?

Post by Cherry Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:20 pm

Hiya,

Currently shopping for PLI and was wondering what companies and deals other face painters in oz have gotten? I'm probably in the market for 20 million coverage simply because that seems to be the standard with my local Council in sub-contracting out work...Also my business is very much in the hobby category, so i'm not expecting it to turn over huge amounts of $$$ each financial year. Probably <10K or even <5K would probably be a better reflection!

Thanks
R

Cherry

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Calling all Aussies - best Public Liability Provider? Empty Re: Calling all Aussies - best Public Liability Provider?

Post by Arty-Farty Party Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:44 pm

Most of us go with Duck for Cover
www.duckforcover.com.au

I have a $20M PLI policy with them to cover face painting, classes and parties, plus I have a $10M PLI policy with GIO or CGU (cant remember which one right now) to cover the other side of my business - retail and activities- and call it a mobile art and craft stall because it didn't really fit into any of their conventional business categories.

Duck for cover costs $250 for the year for their top level of cover. Less for risk lesser categories.

The other mob costs me $42 a month.

Arty-Farty Party
Arty-Farty Party

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Calling all Aussies - best Public Liability Provider? Empty Re: Calling all Aussies - best Public Liability Provider?

Post by Cherry Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:50 pm

Oh cool, I was just looking at their web page. I just got off the phone with AAMI and they quoted me over $1000 Shocked

Cherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Arty-Farty Party Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:53 pm

I had the same problem. Insurance companies seem to freak out if you want to do anything that involves children and paint. They must think the kids are just waiting for you to turn your back so they can eat your entire kit.
Arty-Farty Party
Arty-Farty Party

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:15 am

So i signed up with duck for cover. $170 for 20mil public liability and personal accident insurance. It's nice to be covered Very Happy AMMI was a bit strange. They only covered for painting to the face, arms and hands. Belly painting was out. Who knows how those decisions are made...

Cherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down