Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liability Insurance - Is $200/painter a good deal??

2 posters

Go down

Liability Insurance - Is $200/painter a good deal?? Empty Liability Insurance - Is $200/painter a good deal??

Post by avigailmilder Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:18 pm

I started face painting last year, and choose to get liability insurance through Specialty Insurance. The company was by far the most recommended on the boards.

So now, a year later, I am starting to hire face painters here and there to work with me. Specialty Insurance charges $200 per person annually - which sounds quite expensive.

Those of you that hire painters - any recommendations? who do you use?

My family has a furniture business and we carry 4mil liability insurance, which covers any/all of our employees (full time of freelance) - if i have to pay PER employee it would cost us thousands annually, which it does not.

Thanks
Avigail I love you

Last edited by avigailmilder on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
avigailmilder
avigailmilder

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-28

http://phillyfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Liability Insurance - Is $200/painter a good deal?? Empty Re: Liability Insurance - Is $200/painter a good deal??

Post by BluAngL83 Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:58 pm

I think it's easier to have them get it for the year. Its useful for them as well. You can contract them for a min of say 4 jobs this year and subtract their $50 from their check to pay for it. It's now $210 so the last one will be say $60.
BluAngL83
BluAngL83

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.heavenlyfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Liability Insurance - Is $200/painter a good deal?? Empty Re: Liability Insurance - Is $200/painter a good deal??

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:57 pm

Well, I'm in Canada and get my liability insurance through Clowns Canada... the policy covers my business - me and my staff. I don't pay extra for extra people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down