Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

liability for painting at a business

2 posters

Go down

liability for painting at a business Empty liability for painting at a business

Post by Pinky1249 Thu May 29, 2014 11:49 am

Hi all, I've been contacted by a mom who wants to hire me to face paint at her daughter's party which will be held in a gymnastic studio. She said the gym owners asked for the dry time of the face paint, because I guess they are worried about damage to their equipment. This makes me very nervous. I don't want to be held liable if they feel they need to have all their equipment cleaned for face paint/glitter and I get the bill. What do you think? The contract I use and have seen used don't have anything in them that would be a waiver of liablity to another business'es equipment or building/venue. I guess I'd have to have a separate waiver for the gym to sign? Doesn't seem worth the hassle for a $150 party....what do you all think?
Pinky1249
Pinky1249

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

liability for painting at a business Empty Re: liability for painting at a business

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 10:58 pm

If you have the "dry kind" I don't see a problem. If you don't, I would not bother. You use what you use, you are professional.

I tell clients it is up to them to ensure that the venue is going to allow me to work there. If they refuse or have stipulations (like you have stated) I tell the client that I am sorry but I can't do the job. The venue is the bad guy.

There is no way I would buy a new and different product for one small job (unless I can bill the purchase to the client.)

Back to top Go down

liability for painting at a business Empty Re: liability for painting at a business

Post by eviedejesus Sat May 31, 2014 11:34 pm

Just tell them the dry time is approx. 3 minutes. They obviously think you might be using acrylics or grease paint. You might want to skip the glitter for this particular party.
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinky1249 Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:41 pm

Thanks, guys. We did get back to her and told her we would decline painting at the venue. It's the paralegal in me...can just imagine getting used by the studio for clean up after the party. It's not until October, so the client said she'd get back to me as they are still in the planning stages. Nice family. Thanks, everyone!
Pinky1249
Pinky1249

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down