Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need some Ideas for setup

5 posters

Go down

I need some Ideas for setup Empty I need some Ideas for setup

Post by SweetCreationz Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:15 am

I have very little time to order anything. I need some setup ideas for my craft fair next week. I have a 10x10 booth space and I usually set up with one table and a directors chair and ask my client's what they want. This time I wanted to be a bit creative and bought the big photo display and my 1st banner. I saw a post on a pvc piping for a banner sign I think its a great idea. Anyone have any ideas? Also I am pricing my facepaint what do you think is reasonable. $1 for mustache/ Half? Full this is my 1st time doing this. Any help is appreciated thanks God Bless.
I need some Ideas for setup 100_5110
I need some Ideas for setup 100_5210

I usually set up like this under shade
I need some Ideas for setup 100_4910

Last edited by SweetCreationz on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra pic)
SweetCreationz
SweetCreationz

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-04-27

http://sweetcreationzfacepainting.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

I need some Ideas for setup Empty Re: I need some Ideas for setup

Post by FUNFACTORY Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:49 am

i JUST MADE MY banner stand yesterday-for my 6' banner. worked great going to spice it up a little then I will post a pic
FUNFACTORY
FUNFACTORY

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://WWW.FUNFACTORYFACEPAINTING.COM

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetCreationz Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:13 pm

Cool would love to see : )
SweetCreationz
SweetCreationz

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-04-27

http://sweetcreationzfacepainting.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:43 pm

You have some really nice looking photos. Depending on the area(average income). I'd suggest at least $3 for cheek art and then $5 or more for half or full face. Some places you can get $10 or more per face.

I like to price my designs by how many colors used and how long it takes.

Did you pay for a spot? If it was high, then charger higher like $5 for cheek art and so on Smile
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mug Shots Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:38 pm

I am new at the festival thing, too, and have done about 8 or so. About my 3rd one I was approached by one of the other 3 FP'ers. (yes there were 4 of us there! Ugh, and one was free...) She told me that I was seriously undercutting her prices (in a nice way) and that I needed to consider upping my prices 1) bc I was hurting the others there and 2) bc my art was so detailed. She then told me she never touches a face for less than $3. I was floored, really. I had no idea. I took her advice and ran with it, and honestly, she was right.

My art is worth more than a dollar, and so is my time. Cheek art can be as time consuming as a half or full face. It also increased my bottom line considerably. I now have cheeks always priced at $3, eyes at $4-5, half face $6 and full $8-9.

I like your set up on your table. The only thing I do differently, really, is use a notebook (and I just started that) and my DH and I put together 2 dry erase boards and stand them like an easel. I put my notebook on the front, and large strips of velco on the back and I hook my paint on to it. The front looks nice and I have a built in workstation on the back side. I hide my baby wipes, paper towels, etc under the easel.
Mug Shots
Mug Shots

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2011-07-05

http://mugshotsfacepainting.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:09 pm

Is this what you were after?
I need some Ideas for setup P1000510
I need some Ideas for setup P1000511

That is our set up from last weekend at Bondi Beach - my man does airbrushed tattoos glitter tats and balloons - it really helps to 'fill' up the tent.
My just sitting there at a table in the tent can look a little plain... I got the purple flags last sat.
My board is a large piece of like plywood but it's really thick/heavy cardboard almost.... anyway it's covered in speaker material which is glued/stapled on. My signs and pics have been laminated - we do this at home - and just had velcro dots on the back so I can move them anywhere I want in a couple of seconds I can remake my board for whatever I need.
I like it in black too.... then again my colours for my bis are pink and black so it's going with the theme.
I can take a pic of just the board if you like....
Oh yeah and I have a black easel that it sits on to get it off the ground... makes it look very professional.
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FUNFACTORY Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:19 pm

I have only done a few but try to keep it simple with the pricing for change,and keeping it quick to figure out the price ( for me & the customer) I do $5 cheek art and $10 full face in the future I may add a higher tier for more detailed work .
FUNFACTORY
FUNFACTORY

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://WWW.FUNFACTORYFACEPAINTING.COM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down