Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I setup a website...

3 posters

Go down

So I setup a website... Empty So I setup a website...

Post by ChristmasMarie Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:31 pm

Ordering cards and got website up. I love love love my fatmax. Cant figure out how to add photos for the life of me to posts. You can see it in my personal gallery.

Last edited by ChristmasMarie on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
ChristmasMarie
ChristmasMarie

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

So I setup a website... Empty Re: So I setup a website...

Post by fesspenter Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:53 pm

Dear ChristmasMarie:
I love the "pencil drawn" font you used for your headlines. It does not matter if you have only ONE picture or a THOUSAND. Everybody has to start somewhere. There is not only one way to make a website... if there was only one way, all of our websites would look alike.
I scanned your words quickly and the only typo I found right off the bat was in the "Face Paint Removal" instructions:
gently babywipe
should be
gentle babywipe

If you click on the avatar of any of use face painters on the Forum, that will take you to their Profile. You can look to see if we have websites and peruse them to get ideas.

My only real vocalization regarding your website is your prices. Check out face painters in your area to see what they are charging. If you are replacing your kit with a minimum of $20 worth of paint for every hour you paint, and gas, mileage, event insurance, brushes, glitter, you will end up making just above minimum wage. I suspect that face painters in your area would start out charging $75-$100/hour. Parents need to know approximately how many children we paint per hour, so that they know how long to book us. I know I can paint between 10 - 18 children per hour, depending upon complexity of design. (I just received a request to face paint for an hour for a party where there will be 45 children. The mother seemed shocked that I could not paint 45 children in an hour. She thought it only takes a minute to paint each child, so I would be in and out in 45 minutes!)
And, I find that parents who book at the last minute are flaky. I have been taking bookings 2 weeks ahead of time. Most people have some kind of clue that their child will be having a party in the next month.... to leave the booking of a face painter 5 days before the event is cutting it close. I would mention on your website to "Book early, my calendar fills up quickly!"

Happy Painting!
Congratulations on your first website.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi Christmas Marie,

I agree with what Fesspenter says, you might be charging too little. I found one little typo on the home page..."Appointments must be made at least 5 days in advance. Please be courtious " should be spelled "courteous"

Nice work though, websites are time comsuming - good job.
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristmasMarie Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:12 pm

Thanks for the input

Last edited by ChristmasMarie on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChristmasMarie
ChristmasMarie

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:23 pm

Those Craigslist face painters are worth every penny of the $25-$50 they are charging. I have been pressured to lower my price by clients. They usually mention that the Craigslist painters are only charging $25-$50. I tell the parent to go ahead and hire them! I tell them I use great face paints, cosmetic glitter, carry event insurance, and I am always upgrading my skills. In the last three months, I have gotten four calls from the mother at the party, leaving a message on my machine, begging me to "Come Quick! The face painter here is TERRIBLE!" I have always come home from a job and picked up the message after the event, so I could not respond to the request.
Value your artistry, as well as your supplies. I would recommend that you charge the $75/hour to begin. You are better than the Craigslist face painters.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down