Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brushes and Paint

4 posters

Go down

Brushes and Paint Empty Brushes and Paint

Post by beckyleanna Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:41 pm

If I want to buy brushes... do you recommend me buying on line or will going to Michaels work? Or do you know any other types of places that I could by supplies? I'm in San Jose, ca. I went to one art store that had some snazaroo paint but Extremely limited selection. Any recomendations?

beckyleanna

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-05-27

Back to top Go down

Brushes and Paint Empty Re: Brushes and Paint

Post by AngieAnders Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:30 pm

I typically buy my brushes in person, because it's so hard to tell what size and how much flex a brush has on-line. Once I know what I like and exactly what brand/size it is I might purchase on-line though.
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:48 am

I buy mine at Michael's.

Back to top Go down

Post by beckyleanna Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:08 pm

what brand do you recomend if I go to Michaels? Also what about the paint? Any recomendation where I can buy them in person?

beckyleanna

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:33 pm

I love the American painter #5 round. It makes perfect dots and can do almost anything with control. These are available at Michael's.
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:05 pm

I just grab whatever to be honest.... I am trying to find a substitute for the #4 & 6 round Kolinsky sables "Cirrus" by Winsor and Newton as my local Michael's doens't seem to be getting new stock so I keep buying and trying other brushes.

You need to try out brushes and figure out what works for your way of painting really.

Back to top Go down

Post by WyndyO Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:22 pm

Def try several brands and experiment - get that 40% coupon at Michael's and experiment. Personally I think that the Loew & Cornell 700 series and American Painter (I like the 4, 2, and 00) are nice solid affordable working brushes.

My Am Painter 4 makes better tear drops when I "swirl" it round and round rather than just "swiping" back and forth to load...... it gets that sharp point that works great for the pull and plop teardrop (or the skinny to fat).
Shannon - let us know how you find the Cirrus series!!!

I am starting to appreciate my Paradise "fat belly" round as it has the ability to hold more paint and has a nice sharp skinny tip......

I have cheapies that work well for certain stuff too - my "smush" brush makes a great small place blender and clouds and foam on a wave. My old filbert is a great fast double loading flower petal maker..... play and have fun - maybe you'll find that perfect brush and technique that work for you to share with all of us. Very Happy
WyndyO
WyndyO

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://www.wowfactorypaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down