Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you carry your paint brushes in?

+18
Miss Ronnie
Affordable Face Magic
Face Painting by Jessica
Becky521
Coral3
bee
FaceMyPaint
erica21
Astrid
Seahorse101
shadnee
Noella
barbb919
TheSparklingLady
martha
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
1HappyNut
Mita
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you carry your paint brushes in? Empty What do you carry your paint brushes in?

Post by Mita Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:04 pm

I currently use a pencil box for most of my brushes and a few sit diagnally to fit. A few of my really long handled ones dont fit at all. I am looking for something that will securely hold my brushes without bending the tips at all or them getting banged around in there. So what do you all use for transporting your brushes around it?
Mita
Mita

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Back to top Go down

What do you carry your paint brushes in? Empty Re: What do you carry your paint brushes in?

Post by 1HappyNut Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:20 pm

I'm in the same boat. I'll be watching for replies.
I saw LJY had something that was like a plastic pencil box but her brushes snapped in. I think she said she got it at W-Mart but despite looking all over locally and a bit online, I cannot source it.
I'd hoped to find it locally.
Mind you, I also cannot find those seasonal water bottle/deep ice trays either...
1HappyNut
1HappyNut

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

What do you carry your paint brushes in? Empty Re: What do you carry your paint brushes in?

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:28 pm

What do you carry your paint brushes in? Dscf3621

I keep mine in a pink pencil case. Thankfully none of my brushes have really long handles, so everything fits perfectly. Smile
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by martha Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:37 pm

The ice tube is exactly right for me. It sits upright in my kit and I just pull it out ready to go. Check Wal-Mart in the summertime in household section or sometimes see them in outdoors/sporting goods. Here is a good link with pics, http://www.facepaintforum.com/t2012-your-setup
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSparklingLady Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:35 pm

I bought several Lay's Stax potato crisp containers with yellow plastic lids. I washed, stripped the paper covering, decorated them with stickers and use regularly.

I L O V E THEM!!!!

I carry one for dirty brushes, one for wide, one for fine brushes. They lie down flat or fit neatly into the corners of my bags. They are PERFECT!

What do you carry your paint brushes in? Stax10
TheSparklingLady
TheSparklingLady

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.thesparklinglady.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:59 pm

i use a brush easel..metina sells them here on the forum look under brushes...they hold alot of brushes,,and you can fold it and use it while you paint then jus unfold and close and go
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1HappyNut Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:42 am

Barb, out of curiosity, how many could reasonably be held by that holder?
1HappyNut
1HappyNut

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:06 am

I have a makeup bag that is clear plastic with a zipper that holds my brushes - they don't bend bristles and I have 50+ in there
Noella
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by shadnee Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:12 am

1HappyNut wrote:I'm in the same boat. I'll be watching for replies.
I saw LJY had something that was like a plastic pencil box but her brushes snapped in. I think she said she got it at W-Mart but despite looking all over locally and a bit online, I cannot source it.
I'd hoped to find it locally.
Mind you, I also cannot find those seasonal water bottle/deep ice trays either...
I just got one of the water-bottle ice trays at walmart last week, on the aisle where all the food storage stuff is (next to some rubbermaids containers). Good luck finding one Smile
shadnee
shadnee

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2012-03-27

https://facebook.com/facepaintfun

Back to top Go down

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:57 am

That's a great idea about the chips container! I never know what to do with my dirty brushes...
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seahorse101 Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:11 am

I madee a brush roll. Just googled a simple pattern and took about an hour to make
Seahorse101
Seahorse101

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrid Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:48 am

What do you carry your paint brushes in? 3103910

I got this artbin brush box and I love it, I can hold most of my brushes and they do not move.
Astrid
Astrid

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2011-12-03

http://www.easyjourneyart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by erica21 Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:58 am

Easyjourney! That looks exactly like the one LJY uses! I tried to find it when I started watching her vid's but when I finally found it online it was qute expensive, esp with postage. Looks great!
erica21
erica21

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrid Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:04 am

Thanks. Yeah they are expensive about $16 and I thought about making my own but needed it right away.
Astrid
Astrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSparklingLady Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:48 pm

PerfectlyPaintedFaces wrote:That's a great idea about the chips container! I never know what to do with my dirty brushes...

I use these for my clean brushes too! At the end, I pop all the dirty used brushes in another can. I have never had a solution that suited me this well! Smile They all fit and I never get bent bristles.

When I get home, I fill the dirty container with my brush cleaning solution pop the lids on and swish them around.
TheSparklingLady
TheSparklingLady

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.thesparklinglady.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FaceMyPaint Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:34 pm

I use the Art Bin brush box, like LJY has in her videos, and the picture above. I found it at Michael's a year ago, and just saw them again a few days ago, so I know they're there. Use the Michael's coupons, and it's not too bad - especially since our brushes can be one of our biggest investments!

Hugs,
Amy Bee
FaceMyPaint
FaceMyPaint

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-05-17

http://www.FaceMyPaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:45 am

1happynut. I have 25 brushes in my brush easel..one side has rounds and the other side has flats..the right side has about 10 rounds + 1 3/flat
the left side has 3 3/4 flat brush 1 flat thats 1 inch and about 3 filberts and 2 small flat brushes..10 and a 12..and a butterfly brush and the double filbert. I also have a brush roll that carries about 30 brushes..and I also too have the ice tray from walmart...it was a great find..
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by erica21 Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:57 am

Amy Bee - ahhhh! Very Happy It's at Michael's?????? No For the millionth time I just wished we had Michael's in Australia!!!!!! It sounds amazing! If I ever come on holiday I know where I'll go first!

When I couldn't get the cool ice container brush holder that so many of you have - I copied someone on here and made one out of plastic plumber tubing cut and glued! Smile
erica21
erica21

Back to top Go down

Post by bee Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:49 am

erica21 wrote:Easyjourney! That looks exactly like the one LJY uses! I tried to find it when I started watching her vid's but when I finally found it online it was qute expensive, esp with postage. Looks great!
Hi Erica, i live in oz too, i bought mine from sillyfarm, if you get their newsletters they quite often have 10% off internet orders, as well as the current exchange rate, you will be saving 15-20% straight up and if you buy a few other things and then compare what you would be paying in oz for them you will probably find you will be even or in front.
I normally average about $200 per order (with the 10% off and the exchange rate you will save about $20) then postage,
For instance, the paradise 30 colour test pallet, about $80 in the US, you will pay around $140 in oz for this, already pays for your postage!

bee

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2012-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by erica21 Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:16 am

Hey Bee, thanks for the info - I didn't realize! About how long does it take to get your order?
erica21
erica21

Back to top Go down

Post by bee Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:22 am

It varies - anywhere from 2-3 weeks usually, I think. The postage cost varies depending on how much you order too, but you can get a quote for it before you actually pay and edit your order accordingly.

bee

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2012-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by 1HappyNut Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:49 pm

Thanks, Barb. That's a fair amount that fit in there.

Also, to avoid shipping costs, I will check Michaels out again to see if the holder similar to the one above is there.
1HappyNut
1HappyNut

Back to top Go down

Post by Coral3 Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:43 pm

easyjourney wrote:What do you carry your paint brushes in? 3103910

I got this artbin brush box and I love it, I can hold most of my brushes and they do not move.

Ooh, I've been looking for one of those, but didn't know what they were called exactly - thanks for that! I now have one on order Very Happy
Coral3
Coral3

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2012-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky521 Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:48 am

easyjourney wrote:What do you carry your paint brushes in? 3103910

That's what I use too. I got it at Michaels with a coupon! I got the idea from LJY's YouTube videos. :-)
Becky521
Becky521

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Http://fantasticfacesbybecky.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrid Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:38 pm

you can get them online at Jo ann's and today it's free shipping (US only)
this is the free shipping code SDA113

http://www.joann.com/artbin-brush-box/xprd77681/
Astrid
Astrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next