Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paradise "Details" By Mehron - has anyone used these before??

5 posters

Go down

Paradise "Details" By Mehron - has anyone used these before?? Empty Paradise "Details" By Mehron - has anyone used these before??

Post by RoseVH Mon May 16, 2011 2:43 am

Hi everyone,
Hope you're all having a good day. My head is full of a cold, its freezing in Melbourne at the moment! Has anyone used the little bottles by Paradise that are supposed to be for the tiny details, dot, swirls etc.?? They look like nail polish bottles! I was thinking of buying a few, but wasn't sure if it was worth it or if I should just stick to brushes??
Cheers,
Rose

RoseVH

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-04-22

Back to top Go down

Paradise "Details" By Mehron - has anyone used these before?? Empty Re: Paradise "Details" By Mehron - has anyone used these before??

Post by Tra Mon May 16, 2011 6:05 am

stick to brushes...they are very time consuming cause you have to keep dipping the lil applicator it doesnt hold much paint
Tra
Tra

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

Paradise "Details" By Mehron - has anyone used these before?? Empty Re: Paradise "Details" By Mehron - has anyone used these before??

Post by earthorange Mon May 16, 2011 9:03 am

There was a discussion here about them (search "detailz" with a z). I ignored the bulk of advice and got one anyway. Now it's just sitting, unused. I found it hard to push/pull the wand in and out of the bottle, and found the wand shape awkward, the coverage I found was not as good as the Wolfe white I now have that I think is just awesome-- and the shape of the tip is not round, so dots came out pointy.
earthorange
earthorange

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-08-23

http://www.peoplepaint.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 9:34 am

AND, for me, it is the same as using a mascara... I can't reload the brush from the container without contaminating the contents so it is pointless ( Rolling Eyes ).

I use a 2# round and get perfectly decent dots and it goes faster than trying to reload from a bottle.

Back to top Go down

Post by MelindaT0813 Mon May 16, 2011 11:27 am

If you are looking for fast and perfect dots you can find the dotter wands in places like Michaels (AND use you %40 off coupon).
they are called something different there.. maybe daubers or dotters
You can find them at silly farm also (but they are over priced)

http://www.sillyfarm.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=4228&parent=518

Look at the picture and find it at your local craft store Smile
MelindaT0813
MelindaT0813

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2011-03-16

http://www.mindyentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseVH Mon May 16, 2011 7:23 pm

Thanks guys! Glad I didn't spend the money. I seem to be having trouble getting perfect dots and swirls, i know practice is the key also, but perhaps I should try different type of white? everyone seems to think Wolfe white is the best?? have never used wolfe paints ever.....am clearly still new to this!!

RoseVH

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Tue May 17, 2011 1:52 pm

I bought them in the beginning, when I 1st started face painting. They were ok at 1st & then got harder & harder to use. I found it was easier & took less time to just use the tip of a brush. Also, like Shannon said, there's no real way to sanitize them.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down