Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mehron/ Paradise palette

+5
SuzySparkles
Tracalla
Metina
Tash
Jessica Musick
9 posters

Go down

Mehron/ Paradise palette Empty Mehron/ Paradise palette

Post by Jessica Musick Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:00 pm

I was just at IMATS this past weekend and saw the large 8 piece Paradise Prisma palette comes to about $118. Does anyone have this? I know the lady at the booth was trying to up-sale it like crazy telling me she's a face painter and uses it all the time. But is there a real need for every Paradise Prisma/rainbow cake? They were the rectangular ones.

I have usually been using Dfx solid color cakes so I went ahead and bought a Paradise Prisma one in "Arc-En-Ciel" since I've never tried them before just to see if I like em before buying the whole palette.

Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks, guys! Smile
Jessica Musick
Jessica Musick

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-03-13

Back to top Go down

Mehron/ Paradise palette Empty Re: Mehron/ Paradise palette

Post by Tash Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:16 pm

I have the whole pallet - I managed to buy it for under $100... I can tell you where if you like...
It does take some getting used to - but I find the more I use it the less I want to use my other cakes...

I haven't used them all yet -- but I"m sure I will the kids love getting to pick a rainbow!
And they just seem to go on for ever, not like Tag 50g which my sponge just seems to eat up.
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:56 pm

It is because those Prisma cakes are actually about 75 grams. I weighed them!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracalla Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:09 pm

They are awesome. I took a class with Jinny at FABAIC and showed all the uses for them. I use most of them. They have tons of paint and are very easy to use. I too know where you can get them if you need help finding them. Just let me know.
Tracalla
Tracalla

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-06-25

http://drdrumtastickentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:25 pm

Metina sells them in the forum shop alien
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris10 Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:26 am

Tash wrote:I have the whole pallet - I managed to buy it for under $100... I can tell you where if you like...
It does take some getting used to - but I find the more I use it the less I want to use my other cakes...

I haven't used them all yet -- but I"m sure I will the kids love getting to pick a rainbow!
And they just seem to go on for ever, not like Tag 50g which my sponge just seems to eat up.

Tash,
Did that include postage (nver mind I'd love to know where....if you are allowed to post and don't mind!) bounce
Thanks
Kris10
Kris10

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:32 am

Ok I did post it - then I went there and saw they sell a lot of stuff Metina sells- so I'll Pm you with the link....
If anyone else wants the link - pm me and I'll give it to you....
Tash
Tash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:37 am

SuzySparkles wrote:Metina sells them in the forum shop alien

Not the whole pallet last time I checked no?
In Australia the pallet sells for $250 !!! affraid
Tash
Tash

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris10 Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:40 am

Tash wrote:Ok I did post it - then I went there and saw they sell a lot of stuff Metina sells- so I'll Pm you with the link....

Thanks Tash! I saw your last post before you deleted it (sorry Metina, I asked Embarassed )
Tell me about postage, I'm adding in Paradise to my kit now and to get the Pro A & B pallet is $380 in Aus, better value to do mass shop in the States while the $ is strong and get more stuff for less $$ (and that includes postage....grrr!)
Kris10
Kris10

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:13 am

No worries. I am pretty sure I know where you mean.

Paradise had said that Jenny was going to come out with a video on how to use those Prismas most effectively and never have. When I look at them all I can think is butterflies mostly. It sure would be nice if they would have done the video. I know they sure would sell better as they are a good value.
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracalla Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:37 pm

When I went to FABAIC Jinny did teach a class on how to use the Prisma's. Let me tell you, it was a lot more than butterflies which amazed me. Mehron also has a pamphlet on Prisma's and different types of designs they can be used for.
Tracalla
Tracalla

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-06-25

http://drdrumtastickentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Musick Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:13 am

When I was at the IMATS convention they were selling a dvd showing you how to use the palette of all the prismas so there is one out there. The lady at the booth was saying how you can also, do dragons and snakes with the darker prisma ones such as the black red orange one or the green one can be snakes. Also, she said the one that's green white with pink can be used for flowers and anything floral. Such as the one with all the blue tones can be used for dolphins and sharks or anything ocean related.
Jessica Musick
Jessica Musick

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Musick Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:14 am

Tash wrote:I have the whole pallet - I managed to buy it for under $100... I can tell you where if you like...

Thanks for the info about the palettes you're awesome! How many out of the palette have you really used so far and what do you use them for if I might ask.
Jessica Musick
Jessica Musick

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Musick Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:15 am

SuzySparkles wrote:Metina sells them in the forum shop alien

You mean just individually not as a palette, right?
Jessica Musick
Jessica Musick

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Musick Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:19 am

Kris10 wrote:
Tash wrote:Ok I did post it - then I went there and saw they sell a lot of stuff Metina sells- so I'll Pm you with the link....

Thanks Tash! I saw your last post before you deleted it (sorry Metina, I asked Embarassed )
Tell me about postage, I'm adding in Paradise to my kit now and to get the Pro A & B pallet is $380 in Aus, better value to do mass shop in the States while the $ is strong and get more stuff for less $$ (and that includes postage....grrr!)

What do you mean by pro A and B pallete? Are there two different Paradise palettes? and wow that's expensive!!
Jessica Musick
Jessica Musick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris10 Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Hi Jess,
These I know Metina sells in the shop Wink....Just all 24 of the basic Paradise colours across 2 pallets. The foam insert of 1 sits in the lid of the other and voila all 24 colours across 1 pallet.
Yes it is a bit exxy, but I figure they have to cover their own postage costs and then make a $$ for the effort Very Happy ....I just don't want to pay it when I know I can get better value!
Kris10
Kris10

Back to top Go down

Post by clowngirl Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:16 pm

Hey Tash, could I please have the link? It's costing so much to set myself up!

clowngirl

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2011-10-26

https://www.facebook.com/Lulu.Clown?ref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:58 pm

I got my prisma pallet from Metina, she had them on sale a while back, and I love them. I use them all, but sometimes I just pick up two or three colors at a time. I use them differntly than I do the DFX and TAG cakes because they go the other direction (they are long instead of wide.) It makes it easy to use pouncers and the really big (2 inch) plaid bruses for butterlfies.
a face painting mom
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by clowngirl Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:31 am

Thanks Face painting mum, they look really nice, I might just have to get some when I can

clowngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamezgirl Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:38 am

I have the whole pallet, lucky for me I was standing there when someone else went out of business and sold a new one to me at %50 off!! I use the fire one the most...almost through the middle of that one. I do one stroke dolphins, roses, black and white eye masks...I don't use it exclusively yet, but I do use it more than all my other splits. I don't have alot of paradise left in my ki, but do like the Prisma's
Gamezgirl
Gamezgirl

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by clowngirl Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:45 am

They sound very useful, Gamezgirl. I'm going to have to buy new regular Paradise pots before I can afford it. It's a bit frustrating, I'm using so much paint for practice but hopefully I'll make some money back in time so I won't have to worry so much about not being able to afford all the tools I want and need.

clowngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamezgirl Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:05 am

Clowngirl, why not use your first gigs as practice? Offer a going[u] into[/u] business sale? Eg place an ad and say something like "Grand opening special, the first 2 parties to book with me get a %50 discount! Don't miss out on this great opportunity to experience amazing PROFESSIONAL face art and help us launch or new brand!"
I was lucky, I bought my paints and did a gig for the woman who was teaching me 2 days later...I loved it so much I booked more fairs immediately. I didn't get birthday bookings immediately, but instead of people costing me money to learn, they PAID me to learn. Hope this is inspiration, go find some public events, and try to run a PPF booth so that your materials aren't all coming out of your pocket. Make it simple on yourself, one price...eg $5 any face, or $8 any face, whatever your area is used to.
Gamezgirl
Gamezgirl

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down