Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eye (sclera) staining w/ Snaz Red/Pink

+3
poizonedpeach
Ginacentral
TheGildedCat
7 posters

Go down

Eye (sclera) staining w/ Snaz Red/Pink Empty Eye (sclera) staining w/ Snaz Red/Pink

Post by TheGildedCat Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:18 pm

Hiya,

I was goofing around with the design below. I was careful to use Snaz white on the eye lid, fading into Snaz pink and Snaz dark pink. The details are mostly Wolfe and DFx. I didn't use red on my eye but I've seen others on here use pink so I didn't think anything about it. Well, three days later and the white of my left eye is still stained pink/red. My right eye is fine, my left eye looks like I've been on a serious bender. The skin is not stained at all. The sclera not irritated at all and in fact, if I tilt my eye down, you can see that it's not discoloured underneath the lid. I imagine I got the darker red/pink into my eye as I was washing the design off of my face. Be warned!
Eye (sclera) staining w/ Snaz Red/Pink Img_0710
TheGildedCat
TheGildedCat

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://www.thegildedcat.com

Back to top Go down

Eye (sclera) staining w/ Snaz Red/Pink Empty Re: Eye (sclera) staining w/ Snaz Red/Pink

Post by Ginacentral Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:21 pm

Whoppsie Daisy...sorry that happened.
Ginacentral
Ginacentral

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Eye (sclera) staining w/ Snaz Red/Pink Empty Re: Eye (sclera) staining w/ Snaz Red/Pink

Post by poizonedpeach Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:23 pm

it sucks that that happened but on a positive note, I like your design!
poizonedpeach
poizonedpeach

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by fluttersby Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:45 pm

That reminds me of when I got DFX black in my eye. The whole room went dark and I couldn't figure out what happened until I looked in the mirror and saw it. It came out when I washed my eye out and it didn't stain like that pink did yours, but I had globs of black coming out for a few days. The difference is, I knew I got it in my eye, and I don't think you did.
fluttersby
fluttersby

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:27 am

I've heard of contacts getting stained and eye lids getting stained but never the actual eye. Maybe a saline rinse would help? I've gotten paint in my eyes before & also had the black goop the next morning. You are sure it's the paint & not an infection?

I do love the design!
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by BluAngL83 Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:35 am

I've gotten wolfe black in my eye when i used to wear contacts, and my eye nor my contacts got stained. I proceeded to was my eye and rinse my contacts with saline solution, no problem.

So, i dont think your eye was stained (I think that can only happen if you inject it with a needle, like a tattoo), just irritated. And the more its rubbed (like when its washed) the more it gets "hurt". I would either go to the doctor if there is pain (but with out insurance it can be $$$) or just put a warm towel on your eye while you chill on your bed for a couple of hours. when you open your eye it will be blurry, but thats normal. it will start to focus again.
BluAngL83
BluAngL83

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.heavenlyfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGildedCat Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:09 pm

Blu,
I've definitely stained contacts before with stage blood powder. And yes, you can absolutely stain your cornea without injection (I used sclera to denote that it was evident on the white part, but what was actually stained was corneal tissue). We stain pet's eyes daily at a vet to check for corneal ulceration or abrasion. You may have even had it done at an opthalmologist yourself.

My cornea was stained as it was only on the lower portion, non under my upper eye-lid. There was a clear line of demarcation. I cleaned the face paint off with a wash cloth and mild soap as always - I don't scrub. As far as irritation goes, it's possible the irritation was in a precise area and had zero pain or irritation associated with it, but it was pretty evidently stained, there was no vasodilation in the capillaries. =)
TheGildedCat
TheGildedCat

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:51 pm

I'm glad you mentioned this. I've never heard of an eye being stained by face paints. Did you happen to take any pictures of it? I never use red around the eyes, but I do often use pink, so this is good to know!
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGildedCat Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:47 pm

Angie, I didn't take any pictures of it. It lasted for 4 days...it seemed like 4 very long days with the stares I was getting from clients! haha.
TheGildedCat
TheGildedCat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down