Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! 1st Face Paint and Glitter Tattoo event. What will I need?

+2
namanda123
CaliGurl
6 posters

Go down

Help! 1st Face Paint and Glitter Tattoo event. What will I need? Empty Help! 1st Face Paint and Glitter Tattoo event. What will I need?

Post by CaliGurl Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:22 am

Hi,
I'm doing the face paint and glitter tattoos for my daughter's elementary school fundraiser next weekend. I bought a kit from the FPFS for face paint, and got a glitter tattoo kit from Twinkle Tattoos. Could you help me by telling me all the little things I'll need.

I'll have a tent and a 6' table

For face paint I have:
DFX 12 palette
2 mini cakes
1 rainbow cake
1 45g DFX white
1 32g DFX black
several round brushes
1 3/4" flat brush
9 sponges that I'll cut in half
1 round mop sponge (I think that's what it's called--for stencils)
1 snazaroo dotter brush
some tiny bottles of NYX glitter
wipes
paper towel roll
spray water bottle
bar of soap
5 locker mirrors--do I need more?
I'm going to buy a brush tub/bath at Michael's

--Anything else?
--Where do you dump dirty water?

For Glitter Tattoos, I'll have the kit. I haven't received it yet. What do you use to catch glitter? What do you do with the caught glitter? Oh, I'll need a garbage can--or bag now that I think of it. What do you all recommend?

--Do you prefer to pull off the stencil before putting on the glitter or after? I saw a couple of youtubes where people do it differently.

--How many glitter tattoos will I need to practice before the event to get it right?

--If you brush on the glitter, how do you clean off the glitter when you change color? I'm assuming some glue will get on the bristles.

Sorry so many questions. I'm just so nervous, and am hoping to be well-prepared. I've been pretty artistic all of my life, dabbling in all kinds of arts & crafts, but I know this face-painting gig isn't easy. I have been practicing on my kids, their friends, and family for a few months. I hope I don't fail the school.

I appreciate any advice or suggestion you may offer.

CaliGurl

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Help! 1st Face Paint and Glitter Tattoo event. What will I need? Empty Re: Help! 1st Face Paint and Glitter Tattoo event. What will I need?

Post by namanda123 Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:42 am

I dump my water into a 5 gal bucket under my table.
namanda123
namanda123

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-06-20

http://www.funnyfacesbyamanda.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Help! 1st Face Paint and Glitter Tattoo event. What will I need? Empty Re: Help! 1st Face Paint and Glitter Tattoo event. What will I need?

Post by Perry Noia Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:21 am

You'll need some business cards, baby wipes, you may want a tip jar (I don't know what kind of money arrangement you have with the school, if they get a percentage of what you charge or what). You have more than enough mirrors, do you have a list of what you can paint or sample pictures? You will want to limit the choices especially for your first gig.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:36 am

I have a $1 store lunch sack to put trash & baby wipes in.
I used to paint w/ 2 stools, but now have a directors chair.
Bring water so you don't have to hunt it down.
Bring water to drink & healthy snacks.
Sunscreen(you can get burned even when it's not hot out).
I use a 5 gallon bucket w/ a lid for my dirty water.
Wear good shoes if you're standing. If sitting, take a lot of stand up breaks for your back.
Some painters like to have a display board.
Business cards, notebook for taking down contact info, appointment book

Faketoos has a great written tutorial on how to use glitter tattoos:
http://faketoos.com/store/gallery.html
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracalla Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:10 pm

I can help with some of the Glitter tattoo info since i've been doing that longer than the face painting....

I typically paint on the glitter. You have to let the glue dry before you do that. Bring a small fan to blow on the glue and it will dry in like 30 sec or less. If you do that, the glue should not get on your brushes. Once I paint on the glitter I wipe the brush on the clients skin near the tattoo site, this removes excess glitter if i'm going to change colors.

I place a cardstock paper under their arm and wipe the excess glitter on to that paper. It catches it all and then when i'm finished with that person, I capture it into a tupperware container.

I pull the stencil off first then glitter, but am experimenting doing it the other way too.

Not sure which stencils you have but some are a lot easier than others. I would practice on your family members then your ready to go. I think I did 1 on myself, 1 on my mom and dad and I was good to go....It's really easy.

You will need toothpicks or tweazers to get some of the stencil pieces off. For example sometimes the eyes are separate and have to be removed with something.

I have also made up some care cards to hand out with my website information on it. This is similar to what you get from the company.

Relax and have fun!!!!
Tracalla
Tracalla

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-06-25

http://drdrumtastickentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mr. kellygnc Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:58 pm

i use the poofer bottles for the glitter! i pull the stencil after i glitter it is the easiest for me! i would only practice your hardest stencil to reduce waste! i use alcohol wipes to get the glitter off the brushes! i use a pop up laundry hamper to put trash in! i put it by my stool so i just drop the waste right in!

mr. kellygnc

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliGurl Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:00 pm

Thanks, everybody, my daughter's school fair was yesterday, and my face paint/glitter tattoo booth was such a hit! My daughter was so proud. My back hurts like crazy, but it's worth it--the smiles and the money raised for my daughter's school.

I was pretty surprised that the face painting was more popular than the glitter tattoo. I was certain that the glitter tattoo were going to be the big hit. A few parents were coercing their kids to get the glitter tattoos over the paint--trying to sell them on the fact that it lasted a few days while face paint washes right off, but it didn't deter the kids at all. Smile

CaliGurl

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down