Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is your favourite teacher?

3 posters

Go down

Who is your favourite teacher? Empty Who is your favourite teacher?

Post by chicneek Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:19 pm

Hey all,
I may get a chance to a attend bodyssey in Calgary this summer, but just for a day as I have a festival booking that weekend.
I want to know who is/are your favourite teacher/instructor(doesn't matter if they are there or not, someday I might get to go somewhere else), what do they teach, and why do you love them.
Thanks,
Danica
chicneek
chicneek

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2009-07-24

http://danicafaceart.homestead.com/

Back to top Go down

Who is your favourite teacher? Empty Re: Who is your favourite teacher?

Post by JBax Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:02 am

FABAIC was my first classes, but here goes:
I love Mark Reid's class on basic linework, and the monster class by the gal who looks really young (someone's going to have to help me out on this one cause I can't remember her name). . Kerry Ann Smith is her name!!!

I like them both for the same reason. They broke everything down step by step, and went around to everyone and made sure we had it before moving on. They were also a little militant... in a good way. One of my pet peeves is when people pay to take a class and talk or are disruptive.... it's just rude to the instructor and the rest of the class, IMHO. Mark and what's-her-face are great at reeling em in.

I liked Andrea O'Donnell's bodypainting class and her stencil class. She had hand-outs prepared, so I didn't have to take as many notes, and in both classes we were able to try things out. For the bodypainting class, we had to do a bodypainting in pairs and were given a specific theme to work in (cause if you are doing it for hire, you don't usually get to pick). We had a small set of Vargas brushes and his Kabuki brushes to try (diabolical on his part cause I fell in love), she allowed us to use her new line of stencils (also awesome), as well as play with her airbrush equipment. For the stencil class, she acquired lots of hot knives and gave everyone enough mylar to make a two-layer stencil. I got to test out equipment and see what I like.

I definitely prefer the hands-on classes to the demo.

Last edited by JBax on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I found her name!!!)
JBax
JBax

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2009-08-30

http://www.eyecandyarts.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CATZ Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:12 am

I'll be there!

I'm taking the full day body painting 'pre' class with Lucie Brouillard. It comes highly recommended. I'm keen to take some of the web classes and the photo class. It looks like a lot of great painting classes and instructors. It's going to be hard to choose. I want to stick around for the post classes too. I'll stay at least Monday...maybe Tuesday too. I've never taken a face and body art class yet, and am SO excited! It'll be great to meet people too. Very Happy I'll probably be a the registration desk when you come. I told Liz I'd like to do that so I can meet people as they come in.
CATZ
CATZ

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-10-04

http://www.CATZfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down