Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first balloon class!

+6
Mandi from Tazzie
Capricornprincessa
Rickiddie Rick
allparties
Just Jenny
Metina
10 posters

Go down

My first balloon class! Empty My first balloon class!

Post by Metina Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:16 pm

Hiya,

I just had to share that I had my first balloon class today and I may be hooked. Just Jenny came over and we traded some secrets!

I tried to learn from a book and youtube, but uhhh....NOT. Thanks for solving some mysteries for me Jenny. Now what the heck do I do with all these ballon creations that are all over my house!

LOVE IT!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

My first balloon class! Empty Metina is like a Sponge

Post by Just Jenny Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:49 pm

Wow, did we twist or did we twist. Metina twisted at least 2 and sometimes 3 of each of these....Buccaneer Sword, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Lady bug bracelet, turtle bracelet, Caterpillar, 3 petal flower, Princess wand with heart, wand with happy face, dog, twisted peppermint stick, twisted candy cane, mouse, jumping mouse, flying rocket, 4 balloon Javelin, princess twisted hat, princess twisted hat with heart on top, bucket hat.....I can't think of anything else right now, but I gotta tell you guys this woman can twist. Metina, I hope you take a cool picture of the girls and all the balloons and post it...Oh, then we did make 2 cordless phones at the end, but then that was Metina's girls who did that....They are really great at twisting too.

But that wasn't even the best part. The best part is that Metina taught me some wonderful facepainting tips and tricks. I improved my face butterfly.....She had me paint one side of her daughter, then she painted the other side giving me examples and critique on how to improve what I was already doing. It was so simple once she pointed out some things that I could do different....then it all started falling together. A bit of a different application of the same paint combination's, a little different line here and an updated outline there, and a bit of a change in the teardrops, and what I had as a butterfly that looked like something just wasn't right, and now a dynamite butterfly. I get to add a wonderful new spiderman spider that is just awesome. and I have tried for ever so long to paint barbed wire without any success. I did barbed wire, but it was really sucky looking. Now I have a super easy barb wire, the looks incredible.

We did a lot of paint comparisons, looked at and tested lots of brushes, played with making dots with different brushes, painted different Lady bugs, spiders and flowers.

I wish everyone could have been there to share in this day of fun. Metina's girls are wonderful, and they brag about their mom and how wonderful her painting is. They love showing off her talents.

Thanks Metina, you are an incredible instructor. I learned so much from you that this post dosen't even come close to explaining how much you did in such a short time. Thank You.

Jenny

Just Jenny

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://www.JustJennyFaceArt.Com

Back to top Go down

My first balloon class! Empty Re: My first balloon class!

Post by allparties Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:53 pm

Thats so cool. I wish I had someone close to me to I could meet up with. Sounds like a great day.
allparties
allparties

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-10-08

http://www.alwaysaparty.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:43 am

Jenny was the fab instructor. She really knew how to teach by building designs off one another so you are review as you learned. She also is very good with children. Mine can be erh, eh, demanding to say the least and she quickly beat them off her with a balloon. They LOVED her!

AP, post your name girl. Look around for clowns, or jams or even email Shannon and see if she knows of anyone. This is Jenny and my first meeting ever.

I am so chuffed!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickiddie Rick Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:34 pm

It sound like you two had a great day!! I agree it is so much fun when you find someone that also entertains and enjoys shairing their skills with you. One is nice, but the more the more funner it is. Ok so my English teacher just turned in her grave... I got "D's" in her class anyway.
I guess I must be one of the lucky ones. I meeet people easy and am most willing to shair my limited skills with others. Oddly enough with sharing my skill and they are learning too, one would think that would cut back you gig's. Not true. It seems as I meet and share my skills, they show me new and wonderfull things and also seem to pass along open gig's for me to attend with them and offer me gigs they can not do. Really a true Win Win way of enjoying the entertainers life.
It seems we also encourage each other to reach for a higher level of skill that way too. Sharing, learning, laughing together. There may be something more to it, but for a starts I really can't think what it is... old age...
Ok, folks, have a great Thanksgiving. I am practicing my katchup make up for my Tuna Fish Thanksgiving dinner paractice... Should be fun...

Rickiddie Rick ... laughing all the way - Little Red Riding hood

Rickiddie Rick

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

My first balloon class! Empty ballon twisting teacher?

Post by Capricornprincessa Tue May 10, 2011 1:21 am

Metina wrote:Hiya,

I just had to share that I had my first balloon class today and I may be hooked. Just Jenny came over and we traded some secrets!

I tried to learn from a book and youtube, but uhhh....NOT. Thanks for solving some mysteries for me Jenny. Now what the heck do I do with all these ballon creations that are all over my house!

LOVE IT!

i just read what Metina has posted and was wondering if anyone could get back to me telling ,me if balloon twisting teachers exist or even where i can find them here in albany california? i would like to meet with one even if i had to pay her to teach me i would love to learn the fascinating art, and youtube doesnt really cut it. Neutral

thank you

Capricornprincessa

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi from Tazzie Tue May 10, 2011 2:46 am

Way to go Metina & Jenny. Would love to see a pic of your house filled with balloons Metina. I've never twisted before & honestly I think I'm to obsessed with face painting to even think about it.
Mandi from Tazzie
Mandi from Tazzie

Number of posts : 1826
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.mandifacepaintingsupplies.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by michellesfantasyfaces Tue May 10, 2011 8:33 am

that is great!..I sometimes wish I could tist balloons..it would be so funny to create my own ballonhats for bodypaints...
michellesfantasyfaces
michellesfantasyfaces

Number of posts : 3190
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.fantasyfaces.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns Tue May 10, 2011 8:53 am

I tell you there is nothing like having a live teacher right in front of you, but my daughter Angel who is 11 1/2 picked up the basics from classes she took at fabbulas last Nov. but most of what she can do now was learned from a dvd one of the instructors at Fabbulas gave her. It takes you step by step and you can pause and replay the video.

When she comes in from school I will ask her what the name of the dvd is as well as the name of the instructor. If I am not misstaken I think her first name is Rebecca and it had something in the neighborhood of 40 different designs on it.

So if you don't live near someone this might be an option for you.
ChangingFaceDesigns
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BluAngL83 Tue May 10, 2011 11:21 am

I just took a class on Friday with "Simply Shonna" and I can do some cute princess balloons, but i gotta practice those more...but the designs she taught us using the bellatix (sp?) Big Bear Heads has stuck. So simple and now I can do: cookie monster, elmo, rabbit, kat, bear, mouse, hello kitty, duck and a few others...using almost the same technique for all of them. I <3 Shonna Very Happy
BluAngL83
BluAngL83

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.heavenlyfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Tue May 10, 2011 2:05 pm

Metina wrote:Hiya,

LOVE IT!

I have the answer for what to do w/ all your practice balloons.... Put them in a garbage bag. Attach a flyer, & some ribbon & give it to a school, summer camp or daycare along w/ some cards!
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down