Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Universal Class Teacher?

3 posters

Go down

Universal Class Teacher? Empty Universal Class Teacher?

Post by amylady222 Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:43 am

Any one heard of Arlene Pharris?

She "teaches" an online class and just wondering if she is on the facepaintforum ever, or if anyone knows anything about her? So far the class has been very basic and I have learned more on this forum--sorry if she is on here!

Thanks
amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Universal Class Teacher? Empty Re: Universal Class Teacher?

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:22 am

Do you have a link? Is it free like youtube tutorials or is there a subscription fee like Faba?
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2012-08-20

http://www.thefunnyfacepainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:31 am

Never heard of her.

There are a lot, and I mean A LOT, of so called face painters who offer on-line classes, e-books, instructional packages, that you pay for... then find out they are not past beginner standard, if that.

That is not to say that some are decent or even excellent, but chances are if you've not heard of them on a forum or on facebook, etc. then stay clear. Check them out BEFORE spending any money. They should have some credentials to show that they are capable of a certain level of work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:57 pm

She's been online for years. Not really a working member of the face and body art community or industry.
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:33 am

It costs about $190 per year, but our library offers free classes if we sign up through them--So why not!? They pay a flat rate and all of us can take as many classes as we want--

Sweet Loretta--I am sorry if you know/work with/ or are her, but I am not really impressed.

I was hoping for a little more--Maybe someone more professional will be hired and they can do an advanced class--
This is a great place to learn the very basics of lots of stuff, but really if you live a great library you could learn it from them, request classes be taught, or find enough books on any subject to learn it well---our library is really lacking so I love the online university!
amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down