Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh no... what do I tell my daughter's preschool teacher?

+2
Psalmbook
BarbieSmith
6 posters

Go down

Oh no... what do I tell my daughter's preschool teacher? Empty Oh no... what do I tell my daughter's preschool teacher?

Post by BarbieSmith Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:19 am

Her contact lens is yellow today!

I painted her a yellow (near the eyes) and orange butterfly. AS I was painting the yellow on, I mentioned "now, it will feel like I am painting IN your eyes, but it usually just feels like it is going in your eyes, and likely is not. But, even if it *were* to go in your eyes you would be just fine, the paints conform to cosmetic standards". At which point she mentioned that she wears contacts. And I reassured her that she would be just fine.

So today she tells Taddy (my sweet hubby) that her contact lens is yellow.

EEK!

What do I do? What do I say?

I assume it *will* be fine, that it just needs a few good cleanings... is this right? It is DFX metallic yellow... I just don't know what to say to her when I pick up Kiki from preschool...

Thanks,
Barbie
BarbieSmith
BarbieSmith

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2010-07-02

http://www.SweetScentsCandles.com

Back to top Go down

Oh no... what do I tell my daughter's preschool teacher? Empty Re: Oh no... what do I tell my daughter's preschool teacher?

Post by Psalmbook Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:38 am

I'm waiting for someone to reply to this. I've never had it happen. I try to keep my sponges pretty dry to avoid paint getting in the eye.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Oh no... what do I tell my daughter's preschool teacher? Empty Re: Oh no... what do I tell my daughter's preschool teacher?

Post by DragonFly Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:31 pm

That would be a strange thing to happen, as a contact wearer myself - she would haev to get quite a bit of paint int he eye and have it stay there. I paint my face for practice all shades HEAVILY several times a night and wash it off. And never had any problems. So unless she is washing her face in paint with her eyes open..that's a really strange thing to happen in the first place.

Soak in saline solution? I dunno how safe would it be to simply wash them with baby shampoo. Lens-cleaning solution adn gently rub them between fingers.

Tell us how it goes. Also, ask her what type of lens - soft, hard, brand. If that's a concern for face painting, that would be good to know to warn people about.

DragonFly
DragonFly

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-10-21

http://dragonfly-fp.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Terina Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:03 pm

I am interested to know...try to call an ophthalmologist in the area and ask them what they think before school lets out today. Or maybe calling DFX directly? I am just getting ready to order my first batch of DFX I use wolfe currently, but, I had someone that was wearing contacts last night question me about that same thing. I usually do not get paint in the eyes, was my reply and told him to keep his eyes shut until the paint was fairly dry. But, it could easily happen to anyone...since it was a metallic maybe that is why it had the tendency to leave color on the lens?

I thought that DFX and Wolfe were close to the same? If so, isn't it that they are wax based vs glycerin based? I am not sure I was just told by someone at Silly Farm that the Wolfe was wax based. So, maybe a cleaner that could remove the "filmy" layer that a more waxy base would leave...I really have no clue what I am talking about on that. But perhaps then calling the Ophthalmologist and asking about getting the make up in it would be a good option. Let us know what you find out.

Terina
Terina

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2010-09-27

http://www.royalmagicevents.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginacentral Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:45 pm

I think I would call an ophthalmologist and find out if there is anything to do for the contact lense. It has had to happen at some point.

I did find this where someone was washing the paint off and it got on the contact and stained it....

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101022201059AA11rnB
Ginacentral
Ginacentral

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by BluAngL83 Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:54 pm

Ok, so I've gotten WOLFE BLACK in my eye and on my contacts. I took them out and rubbed cleaning solution and it came right out. I used to wear soft contacts (i got lasik, so im good now).

Does she wear hard contacts? b/c soft ones you usually through out withing 2 weeks. Hard contacts are longer. If you go to the drug store you will find a stronger cleaning solution the the eye care area. you drop the contact in a vial with some special solution. Hope that helps.
BluAngL83
BluAngL83

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.heavenlyfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down