Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi I'm a Newbie Here from Asia (Singapore) - (Hobbyiest Drummer) In A Rock Band

+6
len sherrard
Psalmbook
Metzpah
michellesfantasyfaces
JBax
rudimentaldrummer
10 posters

Go down

Hi I'm a Newbie Here from Asia (Singapore) - (Hobbyiest Drummer) In A Rock Band Empty Hi I'm a Newbie Here from Asia (Singapore) - (Hobbyiest Drummer) In A Rock Band

Post by rudimentaldrummer Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:13 pm

Hi, my name is Eric and I’m a Hobbyiest Drummer playing in a Rock Band in Singapore.

My actual Profession is into the Marketing / Distribution of Toyota Auto Parts throughout Asia Pacific.

Knows nothing about Face-Painting really that’s why I am here … as I really wanna learn this Art (but there is no school in my country to learn this) ….

Core reasons is- because – I wanna Paint my Band Members Faces when we do Gigs….

I hope to learn from all you Veterans and Experience people here.

Warmest Regards

Eric

My Band Elements - Live At Top5 (The Song - Arise)

Because we are a Rock band - I wanna learn how to Paint Our Face

Hi I'm a Newbie Here from Asia (Singapore) - (Hobbyiest Drummer) In A Rock Band Th_Arise

Last edited by rudimentaldrummer on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
rudimentaldrummer
rudimentaldrummer

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Hi I'm a Newbie Here from Asia (Singapore) - (Hobbyiest Drummer) In A Rock Band Empty Re: Hi I'm a Newbie Here from Asia (Singapore) - (Hobbyiest Drummer) In A Rock Band

Post by JBax Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:18 pm

Awesome! Welcome to the group!
JBax
JBax

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2009-08-30

http://www.eyecandyarts.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Hi I'm a Newbie Here from Asia (Singapore) - (Hobbyiest Drummer) In A Rock Band Empty Re: Hi I'm a Newbie Here from Asia (Singapore) - (Hobbyiest Drummer) In A Rock Band

Post by rudimentaldrummer Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:48 pm

Many thanks for the warm welcome JBax
rudimentaldrummer
rudimentaldrummer

Back to top Go down

Post by michellesfantasyfaces Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:56 am

welcome from the Netherlands! my brother in law teaches drums and also plays in a band... Smile
michellesfantasyfaces
michellesfantasyfaces

Number of posts : 3190
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.fantasyfaces.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by rudimentaldrummer Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:56 am

michellesfantasyfaces wrote:welcome from the Netherlands! my brother in law teaches drums and also plays in a band... Smile

Hi Michelles so you are from the Netherlands .... thats Holland. I just received my Present last nite (a Tee that states Amsterdam and was bought in Holland It has a Code Of Arms in Orange and Black) ......... it is beautiful...plus a pair of Drum-Sticks from Hard-Rock cafe there - a collectable Drumsticks .... only available in Holland (but states London ?)

Yes drumming is nice...

How I wish there is someone here...( from Singapore) - who can teach me - how to do beautiful Paintwork on Faces ...signnnn.. How I wish.

Have a Great Day Michelles...and is that you (the pic) nice Work

Warmest Regards

Eric
rudimentaldrummer
rudimentaldrummer

Back to top Go down

Post by Metzpah Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:28 am

hello and welcome! Smile
Metzpah
Metzpah

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2008-09-26

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metzpah/sets/72157608680393072/

Back to top Go down

Post by rudimentaldrummer Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:32 am

Urghhhhhhh kekekekkeke Thank you Mr or Miss Moderator ?
rudimentaldrummer
rudimentaldrummer

Back to top Go down

Post by Metzpah Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:37 am

I am a Ms.
Kathy is my real name Smile
Face painting for the band is an awesome idea! I want to see pictures as soon as you can Wink
Metzpah
Metzpah

Back to top Go down

Post by rudimentaldrummer Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:53 am

Metzpah wrote:I am a Ms.
Kathy is my real name Smile
Face painting for the band is an awesome idea! I want to see pictures as soon as you can Wink

Hi Kathy, unfortunately I cant, cause I am so New here….1st of all

I don’t know where to get the right type of Paints to get started out…I bought some Crayons for (Face and Body Type that is make in China) – the only paints I saw – but these paints has …No Depth (in colours) – It doesn’t looks nice…far apart from the Paints (those works) I saw here --- in this Forum – I figure – the paints you all have been using – must be some kind of Special Paints (and I do not know where to purchase them).

My apology here – last nite as soon as I got home with my paint-crayon (for the 1st time) … I asked my Maid to sit down and allow me to test it on her face …. And she was so shock after she looks herself into the mirror (that she said to me – Sir what have you done to me OMG – the paint looks terrible so is your work – maybe it’s the paints ) I know she is trying to be nice to me goshhhhhhhhhhhh

.. and she wash it off immediately – that’s how I knew – the Crayon was of terrible quality for Face-Painting and my work ( I have to acknowledge that here).

Kathy my Moderator … can you recommend me where do I get my stuffs and how do I get started from scratch here.

Warmest Regards & Many Thanks

Eric
rudimentaldrummer
rudimentaldrummer

Back to top Go down

Post by rudimentaldrummer Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:52 am

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so Happy - I manage to get in contact with a Miss Katherine ... who does teach Face-Painting and she says she import her paints from the UK.............Phewwwww.wwww

I had call here and had send her my email address via sms - asking her to quote me

( Lessons Charges) - Is it by per lessons or Monthly eg 4 lessons - I dont know and is waiting for her reply now.

I hope she will teach me

Got it from the Internet (the only one in Singapore I guess)
http://www.littlecrystalpaints.com/
rudimentaldrummer
rudimentaldrummer

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:30 am

Hello & welcome. Enjoy your journey into face painting. My bro is in the band scene in California. His is a little different. He takes old toys like speak & spell & reworks them to make unique sounds.... strange to me, but I guess there's a fanbase that's into it. He's a product of the 80's punk rock scene.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Metzpah Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:39 am

rudimentaldrummer wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so Happy - I manage to get in contact with a Miss Katherine ... who does teach Face-Painting and she says she import her paints from the UK.............Phewwwww.wwww

I had call here and had send her my email address via sms - asking her to quote me

( Lessons Charges) - Is it by per lessons or Monthly eg 4 lessons - I dont know and is waiting for her reply now.

I hope she will teach me

Got it from the Internet (the only one in Singapore I guess)
http://www.littlecrystalpaints.com/

I am glad you found some information! I am patient, I can wait until you get the good paints and then see the pictures. It sounds like you are on the right track Smile
Metzpah
Metzpah

Back to top Go down

Post by len sherrard Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:50 am

Welcome!
len sherrard
len sherrard

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-12-29

http://www.ellensburgfaceart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyndyO Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:49 pm

Hello Eric;

Good luck getting started. You are right, the right products make a huge difference.

Some of the most popular paint are made and packaged in China so it seems you would be able to find a distributor online or maybe not too far from you in a big city like Shanghai. Lucky Art out of China is the manufacturer of Wolfe FX (US), Diamond FX (US AND UK), TAG (Australia), and VIP MUA ; which are basically the same formulation of makeup - just some minor differences in colors offered and packaging.

Before you spend a lot of money on classes go to Youtube for face painting tutorials - several of our forum members have them - Metina, Vi Le, Marvelous Masks, and an excellent resource also is Silly Farm (Heather Banks or SillyHeather)! Better to spend your money on paint and start practicing to start off, I think. There are some great books that talk about brush control, loading the paint, blending - Shannon Fennell's is good and there are others...

Have fun!
WyndyO
WyndyO

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://www.wowfactorypaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rudimentaldrummer Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:04 pm

But she charges me - - -- USD570 for just one time - 8 hours course...she said (thats level 1 to 3 ) simple one like draw circles and lines only ????

Expensive ?

Eric
rudimentaldrummer
rudimentaldrummer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi from Tazzie Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi & welcome to the group Eric.

Expensive?! sounds it to me.

Take WyndyO's advice & go to youtube & search face painting tutorials. You'll be amazed what you can learn there everything from basic line work & how to use your brush to more advanced designs. I agree spend your money on good quality paints & give youtube a go. Paints as mentioned by WyndyO: Wolfe Bros, Diamond FX, TAG, also Snazaroo.
Mandi from Tazzie
Mandi from Tazzie

Number of posts : 1826
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.mandifacepaintingsupplies.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by CreateFaces Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:51 pm

Hello and Welcome!
CreateFaces
CreateFaces

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-09-15

http://www.create-a-face.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bec Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:57 pm

i just want to say that i Love you. Your posts are so expressive!! I can just hear you talking. I'm glad you joined our group!!
Bec
Bec

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2010-05-25

http://www.bbeautifulfacepaint.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down